Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stock Aux jack with aftermarket HU

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Ford Guy

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stock Aux jack with aftermarket HU

Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone's done this... I'm installing an aftermarket HU this weekend. I've got the wiring harness and whatnot, thing is, the aux jack on the aftermarket unit is on the back. I could run a cable to a hidden location, but I'm thinking it would be pretty cool if i could splice the stock aux located in the tray (mines an '07) to either an RCA or 3.5mm jack that would hook up to the back of the aftermarket unit. This way, I could use the stock aux jack with the aftermarket unit.

So has anyone cut into the stock aux jack and hooked it up to an aftermarket unit? Would it be as simple as finding the Left, Right, and Ground wires to splice to a RCA/3.5mm cable? Anyone have a wiring diagram???

Thanks guys!
Old 11-09-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by brokenarrow
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone's done this... I'm installing an aftermarket HU this weekend. I've got the wiring harness and whatnot, thing is, the aux jack on the aftermarket unit is on the back. I could run a cable to a hidden location, but I'm thinking it would be pretty cool if i could splice the stock aux located in the tray (mines an '07) to either an RCA or 3.5mm jack that would hook up to the back of the aftermarket unit. This way, I could use the stock aux jack with the aftermarket unit.

So has anyone cut into the stock aux jack and hooked it up to an aftermarket unit? Would it be as simple as finding the Left, Right, and Ground wires to splice to a RCA/3.5mm cable? Anyone have a wiring diagram???

Thanks guys!
It's actually simpler than all that:
http://oemautosound.com/p-551-ford-a...n-harness.aspx

plug and play...
The following users liked this post:
brokenarrow (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Ford Guy

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EBC-150
It's actually simpler than all that:
http://oemautosound.com/p-551-ford-a...n-harness.aspx

plug and play...
Hahaha! Wow, I spent the better part of an hour searching for something like that. I guess I need to brush up on my Google skills. Thanks a lot!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:59 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Moving this thread to the audio forum so that it can be located easier in the future.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

See, this is something I didn't know. I started a thread with all the harnesses and asked if I was missing anything.

Apparently I was missing this.