Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stereo suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo suggestions

Hey guys,

I purchased my F-150 last October and it's in serious need of a stereo upgrade. I have a supercrew without nav or any audio options (except SYNC if you count that). I had an 09 Escape that I put 2 12W3V3's and some JL components in and made a custom enclosed that fit snug against the back seats.

I'm not thinking about as much noise in my truck as I had in my escape. I am going to put components in (6-1/2's with adapters?) and an 8", or 10" shallow mount sub. I have a JL 500/1 amp that I am hopefully going to use as well.

With this thread I am hoping for links to anything that has worked for you guys in the past while minimizing the amount of space taken from my back seat. Pictures are always welcome! I'd like to make this as seamless as possible. I don't plan on using a sound processor, just a line out converter or something alike. Any help is appreciated, especially pictures!

Steve
Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Narrow down your sub choices and either build or have a custom box built for said sub that uses minimal space under the seat. Otherwise a google search should provide you with a few different prefab single sub box options.

A quick search here for sub boxes returned 248 threads..
Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

You don't have to confine yourself to shallows, you can fit most regular depth 10s.

If you want to stay with a single, Atrend has a single 10 box: http://www.atrendusa.com/atrend/vehi...category_id=25

If you want a stock mount for your tweeter, the Sony A-pillars are available.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ST102688
Hey guys,

I purchased my F-150 last October and it's in serious need of a stereo upgrade. I have a supercrew without nav or any audio options (except SYNC if you count that). I had an 09 Escape that I put 2 12W3V3's and some JL components in and made a custom enclosed that fit snug against the back seats.

I'm not thinking about as much noise in my truck as I had in my escape. I am going to put components in (6-1/2's with adapters?) and an 8", or 10" shallow mount sub. I have a JL 500/1 amp that I am hopefully going to use as well.

With this thread I am hoping for links to anything that has worked for you guys in the past while minimizing the amount of space taken from my back seat. Pictures are always welcome! I'd like to make this as seamless as possible. I don't plan on using a sound processor, just a line out converter or something alike. Any help is appreciated, especially pictures!

Steve
I reccomend purchasing your box from Fox Acoustics. Check out this link for some pics of the box...pretty badass IMO especially with the ford emblem.

Seems like your already settled on an amp so you're all good there. As for subs, look at the specs on that box and just match one up that fits into both your budget and that box.

I'm guessing your won't be amping your components? Didn't see anything about a 2/4 channel...
Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
You don't have to confine yourself to shallows, you can fit most regular depth 10s.

If you want to stay with a single, Atrend has a single 10 box: http://www.atrendusa.com/atrend/vehi...category_id=25

If you want a stock mount for your tweeter, the Sony A-pillars are available.
Heads up. I think that box will stick out from under the rear bench. My measurements has the box at 12.5".

If you want a .7cuft sealed 10" box, I have one for sale. Doesn't work for my driver, so I need to build another one.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by WorknProgress
I reccomend purchasing your box from Fox Acoustics. Check out this link for some pics of the box...pretty badass IMO especially with the ford emblem.

Seems like your already settled on an amp so you're all good there. As for subs, look at the specs on that box and just match one up that fits into both your budget and that box.

I'm guessing your won't be amping your components? Didn't see anything about a 2/4 channel...
I can't find a single 10" box on that website. Where did you find yours?

I probably wont be amping my components immediately. Any new components out there in the $130-$180 range? I'll just buy something for the back doors to match the fronts, nothing fancy.

Also, I haven't run a single sub before, any subs out there that you guys know sound alright that wont run me $300+? Anything is better than stock, not looking to break the bank!

Thanks guys
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 AM

I can't find a single 10" box on that website. Where did you find yours?

I probably wont be amping my components immediately. Any new components out there in the $130-$180 range? I'll just buy something for the back doors to match the fronts, nothing fancy.

Also, I haven't run a single sub before, any subs out there that you guys know sound alright that wont run me $300+? Anything is better than stock, not looking to break the bank!

Thanks guys
You'd have to cut down the one for the supercab.

Start shopping sonicelectronix and woofersetc, tons of nice stuff in your price range.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:01 AM

If I have a 500 watt amp, I probably can't safely run a 400 watt sub can I?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 PM

If I have a 500 watt amp, I probably can't safely run a 400 watt sub can I?
Sure can, that's one of the reasons for the gain ****.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Perfect, I had always taken it somewhere to have it adjusted. I appreciate the help!

Is there a thread anywhere explaining (preferably with pictures) where people have located a switch to run my remote wire from?

Quick Reply: Stereo suggestions