Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Stereo replacement options for a '12 King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo replacement options for a '12 King Ranch

I have a '12 King Ranch with Sync with voice activated navigation. I hate this system and was wondering if there were any alternatives. I've searched high and low for information, and most sources I've seen indicate I'm out of luck due to the climate controls being integrated into the touch screen. I'm sure if there is an alternative it will be pricey. I'm ok with that, because this truck belonged to my grandfather, so I'll be keeping it.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:06 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by SOGPig
I have a '12 King Ranch with Sync with voice activated navigation. I hate this system and was wondering if there were any alternatives. I've searched high and low for information, and most sources I've seen indicate I'm out of luck due to the climate controls being integrated into the touch screen. I'm sure if there is an alternative it will be pricey. I'm ok with that, because this truck belonged to my grandfather, so I'll be keeping it.
It can be done but I don't think they make a dash kit for it. If it is the sound you don't like then that can be fixed with aftermarket parts but u will need to keep the factory HU
Old 01-16-2018, 04:28 PM

I don't mind the audio quality that much, because I mostly listen to audio books. However, if I was to replace the head unit I'd replace everything else as well. I don't care for the head unit. Takes forever to boot. Takes even longer to pair. Default line in. Having issues with it not being able to sink, or having to redo the entire sink process because it can't even detect my phone(had these issues with both ios and android). Sometimes having to reboot while going down the highway. Randomly having to relaunch apps. Lastly, it just doesn't have a very good looking user interface. In my opinion anyways.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:56 PM

Does anyone know if it would be possible to install the climate controls that the non navigation units have? Something like this. Then add the Maestro RR and a compatible head unit.

Quick Reply: Stereo replacement options for a '12 King Ranch