Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Speakers for Alpine 445u

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speakers for Alpine 445u

I installed an Alpine 445u amp in my 2016 XLT screw and it really made the factory speakers sound much better. I have the non Sony 4.2 radio. As good as it sounds now, I am sure it could sound better. What brand speakers have some of you used with this amp and was it worth upgrading the factory speakers?
Old 11-15-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was in the same boat as you, but eventually decided to just upgrade everything.

I don't have any experience with this amp in particular, but if I'm not mistaken your Alpine is one of the factory upgrade amps with a small footprint and probably in the 50 watt neighborhood.

Since you're not going overkill with power, you can probably get by with what I call "drop in replacements" for factory stereos. Generally, they are inexpensive speakers without high power requirements - typically limited to 50-60 watts.

I think that every major manufacturer has a product line targeted at those who just want to upgrade speakers and keep their factory head unit.

Infinity has their Reference line.
Focal has Auditor.
JL Audio has their CL
Etc. etc.

I'm not well versed on everything out there but, to be honest, I doubt there is much difference in sound quality between them. It all boils down to your personal listening preferences.

After all, they are intended to replace paper factory speakers as cheaply as possible yet improve the sounds and provide some level of quality.

FWIW, I like Infinity's crisp highs and opted for some 6.5" Reference in the rear doors of my Supercab with Inifinity Kappa 6x9s in the front. However, those Reference speakers popped when I was dialing in my amp's gain and I jumped ship and Focal Auditor speakers are now in the rear.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:45 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsid81
I installed an Alpine 445u amp in my 2016 XLT screw and it really made the factory speakers sound much better. I have the non Sony 4.2 radio. As good as it sounds now, I am sure it could sound better. What brand speakers have some of you used with this amp and was it worth upgrading the factory speakers?
Depends on your budget. I replaced mine with Kicker.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I installed JBL Club 9600’s in front. They are 3 ohm and really sound great. In back I have Polk Audio DB 65’s that I pulled out of my Victory.