Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sony system

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Sony system

Hey guys, I have the optinonal 700w Sony system in my 2012 with nav. I was wondering if there was any way of tuning this factory system?

It's great for a factory option but my mids in the front doors are playing way to much bass. I was thinking about putting bass blockers on them if there is no way of tuning them. Also is there any way to turn the factory subwoofer up? Using the possible stock amp or is there another way?

I did put some polyfill in the stock small box and it definetly helped out a little but just doesn't seem like enough bass actually coming from the sub itself especially over my door speakers.

Sorry but I'm kinda a new when it comes to audio and this is by far the nicest system I've ever owned lol.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

From what I have read there aren't many people happy with the Sony system. They like the nav. but not the sub output. You could put bass blockers on the front and also upgrade to an aftermarket sub
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
From what I have read there aren't many people happy with the Sony system. They like the nav. but not the sub output. You could put bass blockers on the front and also upgrade to an aftermarket sub
That's what I'm thinking at least for the time being. I think I will see if I can get measurements for a box where I can fit 2 Fi e8's on a sundown amp.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Filly
Hey guys, I have the optinonal 700w Sony system in my 2012 with nav. I was wondering if there was any way of tuning this factory system?

It's great for a factory option but my mids in the front doors are playing way to much bass. I was thinking about putting bass blockers on them if there is no way of tuning them. Also is there any way to turn the factory subwoofer up? Using the possible stock amp or is there another way?

I did put some polyfill in the stock small box and it definetly helped out a little but just doesn't seem like enough bass actually coming from the sub itself especially over my door speakers.

Sorry but I'm kinda a new when it comes to audio and this is by far the nicest system I've ever owned lol.
Sony system sucks! I added (2) kicker 10's and it made a world of difference although I would like to add some mids & highs in the future!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 PM

I agree about the sony system not being the best but it hardly sucks lol. I think I've settled on my sub stage thought. I'm going to build a ported box for 2 sundown e8's. They only need .6 cubes per sub and can fit in a 5inch mounting depth and tuned to 30 hz.The subs even in their small size should pound if I ever need them to.

I'm not much of a bass player but I do love quality music. I will most likely run these on a sundown amp as well. I will keep you guys posted on how things go, but it wont be for a little while. Just waiting for my tax return to show up.

Quick Reply: Sony system