Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Someone Please HELP!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone Please HELP!!!

Happy holiday!!! question I am knee deep in putting a system in my 2008 f150 Screw (amps, speakers etc.) but I ran into a major problem. There is a huge Plug in terminal in the door where you would normally run the wire from the amp to the speakers. Has someone out there run into this? I am sure it would happen pretty often. I dont want to use the existing speaker wire as it will be to small for my application. Dont ignore me please help I am at a standstill.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RUN NEW WIRE, the stock wire can not hold up propper power from an amp, well it can but its not good too use that small of wire, better quality and better power handling through bigger better wire
Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loganberry
RUN NEW WIRE, the stock wire can not hold up propper power from an amp, well it can but its not good too use that small of wire, better quality and better power handling through bigger better wire
He already said that he wanted to run new wire . There is enough room in the grommet for 12-14 guage speaker wire to fit through . Use something like a coat hanger to go through the grommet first , then tape your wire to the coat hanger and pull it through .

Search this Thread