Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150

I was looking for an after market combination GPS/NAV/DVD/Bluetooth enabled stereo system for my 2013 Super Crew Cab F150. I had the little 4.2 inch screen that provided some basics and I wanted something better. After reading a few posts I found this unit: http://www.seicane.com/head-unit-car...-zone-pop-c267

However, I didn't find any installs that had been done for the unit on the internet. Plus it came direct from China and I was hesitant to order it, but I did anyway, and I have to let you all know I was very pleasantly surprised. I paid $460 for the unit, plus extra for digital TV and express shipping. The total came to just about $650. The battered box arrived at my house within a couple of weeks but the packaged product inside the commercial product box (which was inside the cardboard beat-up box) was well packaged and wrapped.

For the installation I went to Ultimate Audio located at 1220 W Main St, Lexington, SC 29072 (803) 359-0007. Getting a professional installer is important since the unit doesn't come with installation instructions, so the guys had better know what they're doing. The people at Seicane offer support via phone and email, but they're in China and so it isn't conducive to real-time support.

The unit is a complete replacement for the center console in the truck. Meaning, the ENTIRE center console is replaced as one unit, complete with *****, buttons and everything! Before ordering the unit make sure you supply Seicane with a photo of your console so they can verify what you're ordering will work. With my unit, when I sent in the photo they responded within a day and said I was good to go. The unit keeps your steering wheel controls and Sync working, so all is good there. They have to mount an IR sensor (for the remote controls) and they placed this on the rubber panel that supports my trailer brake control, so it looks unobtrusive there. There is a separate mic for the phone system and they mounted that on the drivers forward windshield column, pretty much out of sight. That improved voice quality so much when making hands free calls it was unbelievable! The GPS unit they mounted on the top of the dashboard and I didn't even notice it.

Ultimate Audio told me they usually have misgivings about direct stereo buys from China, but the guys at Seicane did this one right. The fit and finish of the unit was commented upon by the installers who claimed it was the best they've ever seen for the Ford F150. The displays, *****, lighting, touch and feel of the unit was top quality. My air-conditioning and heating controls went from full manual to complete auto with dual temp zones with the installation of this unit. You have to read the website because what you get for the price is phenomenal. The installer said they'd charge over $2,000 for the unit alone, yet you can buy it direct for $460 (as of this posting). The installation, complete with 2 new upgraded speakers and a kit that brings my rear-view camera to both the mirror and screen was $498 complete (parts and labor). The folks at Ultimate Audio were incredible and they did absolutely top-notch work, and I most highly recommend them if you're anywhere near these guys. Although I had local installers close by, I opted to drive 3 hours to these guys so they could complete everything. Time to install was about 4 hours.

See the attached picture of the finished install. You'll note the complete console replacement and that the buttons are labeled differently now. I haven't tested everything, but the radio works, the GPS NAV, the Bluetooth, the Digital TV receiver, the DVD, and the sound is awesome!

I haven't tested the Internet connectivity yet, nor all of the features in the GPS/NV but I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this unit and I highly recommend Ultimate Audio in Lexington, SC!

Attached Thumbnails Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150-20150819_121111.jpg   Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150-20150819_115333.jpg   Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150-20150819_161434.jpg   Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150-20150727_171008.jpg   Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150-20150727_195440.jpg  

Old 11-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks amazing! Looks just like the stock nav touch screen, how is the unit holding up? Does everything still work? Any complaints?
Old 11-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Smile Update on Seicane Install

Since I've had the unit now I can report that most all is well. The issues I have are more than likely user (as in me) issues rather than the unit. First the great, the fit and finish are top notch. The radio works well and the blue tooth to my Samsung phone is great. The external mic they install has really made my phone calls with the unit very clear and the sound is excellent. The GPS navigation is good, however the alerts as to when to make a turn come much too late, so some definite improvements could be made there. The screen looks amazing at night but can get washed out in bright sunlight, although that is common even in OEM units. The touch screen works fantastically and the only item I'd had issue with is the digital TV. It worked great after the install and was demonstrated by the install tech, however I haven't been able to get it to work - meaning, it works (as in I get "snow") but I can't get a channel to appear. So I think its a user issue and not the device. I'm still happy with the purchase and for the price, as an aftermarket purchase, I don't think you can go wrong.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:43 PM
First in, Last out.

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

There are a couple of others on here that have installed that unit. They weren't happy with it. I hope it works for you.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this working well with SYNC from the previous 4.2 screen?
Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts

sorry but do some research before buying.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 PM

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

Unfortunately these things are garbage.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Default Update on seicane unit - stay away!!!

Originally Posted by crankinaway
Unfortunately these things are garbage.
Unfortunately, crankinaway is correct. After using this unit now for 4 months and being pleased with it overall (at first) I can provide an update. The worst thing about this unit, assuming my unit represents them all, is that the electronics won't survive cold soaking. As soon as it gets to about 32F where your truck sits over night, the electronics shut down and your screen goes blank. After the temp inside the truck warms up it comes back on. After about 5 days of doing that, it failed completely. Bottom line - NOT RECOMMENDED. What I plan to do next, assuming the company can't provide a fix, is to use the housing to mount a double DIN replacement from a reputable manufacturer.
The following 2 users liked this post by ljstack:
freddyttt (02-18-2016), Toddman38 (02-02-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 06:02 PM
CP3

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I have one in my 2011 FX4. Guess I'm lucky I live in Louisiana where it stays above 32 degF, because I've had absolutely 0 issues with mine. Been working great for a while now. Having Android 4.4 is pretty awesome.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CP3
I have one in my 2011 FX4. Guess I'm lucky I live in Louisiana where it stays above 32 degF, because I've had absolutely 0 issues with mine. Been working great for a while now. Having Android 4.4 is pretty awesome.
Is this still working out well for you? I really want to upgrade my factory head unit, but I can't get around the $300 price tag on just a dash kit......

Quick Reply: Seicane Head Unit Car Stereo Sat Navi Multimedia Player for 2013 2014 2015 Ford F150