Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Seat Lift Legal Issues?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Seat Lift Legal Issues?

So, I already posted this in the 09+ section, but thought I might get a few opinions with a little more experience on this part of the forum. So here goes:

I'm thinking of doing 1.5" or 2" lift on the rear seat of my '11 SCrew. However I was just wondering if there would be any legal issues concerning this? For instance if I was to get in an accident and a passenger in a rear seat was injured, would insurance tell them to go after me personally because of a lifted seat? I'm going to go talk to a couple body shops tomorrow, as well as my insurance companies claims department just to check it out. But some opinions would be great! Thanks in advance
Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are brackets that slide down into a catch on the rear wall of the truck. as long as those are still in i dont see a problem. if the seat doesnt go flying off then there is no way for them to prove that the seat had any way of causing more injury than what would have already been caused. But we all know insurance is the biggest **** and WILL find a way to **** your day up. so i say its a risk either way.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

That's what I figured. And i figure it will actually be more stable because of the box underneath. But I couldn't agree more about insurance! Thats why if my insurance adjustors don't see a problem with it I plan on getting a signed piece of paper by them and a body shop saying that they find no issue as to why coverage should be denied. If they won't do that, no lift for me. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat Lift Legal Issues?