Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

searched threads but,

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default searched threads but,

i didn't see how i should wire a sound ordnance 8-pt with an aftermarket head unit (pioneer) only factory. do i tap into the right rear speakers or both? RCA cables? installing saturday, please advise. 2006 screw.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by skintback
i didn't see how i should wire a sound ordnance 8-pt with an aftermarket head unit (pioneer) only factory. do i tap into the right rear speakers or both? RCA cables? installing saturday, please advise. 2006 screw.
Do you have sub out on the Pioneer?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

An option is to run a PAC if u dont have a sub out on the HU nor have a factory sub. They are made just for that and yes RCA is the cleanest signal method. If u can wait and get the class D model.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM

it's not the d model and i do have a sub out (i think)and no factory sub. do i pull HU and 'plug and play' RCA cables? if not can i tap rear speaker(s)? my factory HU CD player got where it would not play CDs and i didn't have an aux. port so i had a new pioneer put in. everything else is factory.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM

it's not the d model and i do have a sub out (i think)and no factory sub. do i pull HU and 'plug and play' RCA cables? if not can i tap rear speaker(s)? my factory HU CD player got where it would not play CDs and i didn't have an aux. port so i had a new pioneer put in. everything else is factory.
The sub is going to need a left and right channel, dont know why but they do. If you have a sub out then you should be good to go with no PAC needed and they will most likely be RCA so just get some quality RCA cables. I cant think of an issue taping the rears if you dont have a sub out just make good quality connections so you dont introduce noticeable distortion.

If you do have a sub out that will be the best quality scenario so I would use them. Look up your model and look at the rear pictures of the HU to see if they are LOW level or the manual for it.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM

thanks. i need to pull HU for RCA cables for best sound. sub can be wired either with RCA or tap into rear speakers. HU has subwoofer control, does that mean i'll be able to control sub from HU if i use RCA cables? i can wire remote to HU or use the supplied wired remote according to the install diagram.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM

HU has subwoofer control, does that mean i'll be able to control sub from HU if i use RCA cables.

I believe so but you would have to refer to the manual to be sure. If they have Sub outs then you are golden and you probably wont need the remote vol the sub comes with but it sure is handy to reach down and turn it as opposed to using a menu on the HU to get to the control so dont throw that bad boy away.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM

thanks for ya'll's help. got sub in yesterday. ran RCA's to back of HU and it sounds really good. i can control crossover and bass level with the pioneer HU which i like. sub fits like a glove under passenger rear.

Quick Reply: searched threads but,