Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Replacing subwoofer in 15 platinum

Old 08-18-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Replacing subwoofer in 15 platinum

Hey I have searched all over so if anyone can either point me in the direction or answer this I would appreciate it. I am looking to replace the subwoofer I. The truck with two 10" Rockford fosgate p3 shallows and a p500x1bd in an under the seat sealed enclosure. I was wondering would this be a good option?

My second question is has anyone removed the oem subwoofer and been able to sell it and if so what are they going for? That is my plan to sell the oem subwoofer after installing the new system.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well my initial experience was having one pioneer TS-SWX2502 10" which incab sounded really good powered by one of those very cheap Boss 1100 amps. The bass was there... however I wanted more...

So I picked up another pioneer sub, but the boss amp couldn't hold up. Then upgraded over to a pioneer GM-D9601 amp. Now both subs sound pretty darn good, as in lots of bass in the cab but works good until the freq goes too low. However, due to size of amp vs speakers, my gain is VERY low so I don't over power my stock speakers...

I have ordered and should be in by next Monday hopefully, a 2 12" under the seat box and 2 12" RF P3 shallow subs. I went from 10s to 12s because i wanted a bit more... but this is personal choice as for me....

Some people live just fine going to a single 10 sub and are very happy with it.

So the option is a personal choice... but for me, yes.. it is one I wanted to pursue...

your second question, yes... i've removed mine but not put it up for sale yet... maybe 100 bucks? the OEM isn't as valued as far as I could tell as the aftermarket fitted one.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

I went with a single 12" behind the seat with a 480WRMS amp.

Gives me enough bass and I don't lose the underseat area.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

your second question, yes... i've removed mine but not put it up for sale yet... maybe 100 bucks? the OEM isn't as valued as far as I could tell as the aftermarket fitted one.[/QUOTE]

Dang I was hoping it would be worth more than 100 bit oh well and I want to do 2 12's p3 but the amp would be to much for me.

Search this Thread