Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Replacing Sony Tweeters in the A-Pillar

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Sony Tweeters in the A-Pillar

Hey Guys,

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my 2012 Ford F150 Supercrew and am accumulating new stereo equipment to upgrade the stock system. I have purchased the Infinity Kappa 680.9cs component system for the front doors; however, just learned that all 2012's now come with Sony tweeters in the A-Pillars as a standard feature. That being said, the tweeters with the 680.9cs are very large and will not fit in the A-Pillar.

My question for the forum is whether anyone has removed the stock Sony tweeters which come standard in the A-Pillar and if so, what they replaced them with. What I hope for is to flush mount pivoting tweeters to assist with staging. The A-Pillars are not my first choice to locate the speakers but that's now what I have to work with and I don't intend on installing aftermarket tweeters in the doors as well as having the stock Sony tweeters.

I'd be interested in knowing what other people have done and would also like to see pictures of their installs.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Yes there is someone you just did this and had pictures. He did a great job. Just check the latest threads.

Quick Reply: Replacing Sony Tweeters in the A-Pillar