Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Rear Speaker Removal\Replacement in Regular Cab - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Speaker Removal\Replacement in Regular Cab - Help!

Hi all!

I have searched the F150 Forum for DIY information on removing and replacing the rear speakers in a regular cab STX truck and have found no information. I found several threads and posts regarding replacing speakers in Scab and Screw F150s, but none for the lowly regular cab

The grills look like they may pop off, but I do not want to damage the door panel by forcing them off.

Below are photos of my truck so everyone knows what I am working with.

Thanks in advance for any advice or "how to" information!
Attached Thumbnails Rear Speaker Removal\Replacement in Regular Cab - Help!-img_0216.jpg   Rear Speaker Removal\Replacement in Regular Cab - Help!-img_0214.jpg   Rear Speaker Removal\Replacement in Regular Cab - Help!-img_0215.jpg  
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 PM

Sorry to be pushy! But, Crutchfield has Polk DXi570s at a good price until 3/3/2012, and I will order a pair for the front and rear - If I am sure I can remove the rear speakers.

I've searched this forum and YouTube and have not found any how-to information for the regular cab rear speakers.

Any help will be appreciated!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

You could try asking Crutchfield. Their advisors are usually a lot of help. I'd assume the whole panel would come off, allowing access to the speaker.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea, I would check with Crutchfield. You usually get a how-to or disassembly instructions for your particular vehicle when you purchase equipment from Crutchfield.

It's hard to tell from any pic's, but it looks like it's a one piece assembly. It looks like it's just secured by hidden spring clips, and a screw on the top & bottom of the panel. You should be able to pull them off with plastic interior tools around the perimeter of the panel.

Last edited by Pale Screw; 02-29-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM

Update:

I did it today! I installed the front and rear Polk DXi570s and they sound great!

I had no problems removing the rear door panels and, of course, the front panels were a breeze.

Thanks to all of you for your help!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bawoo169
Update:

I did it today! I installed the front and rear Polk DXi570s and they sound great!

I had no problems removing the rear door panels and, of course, the front panels were a breeze.

Thanks to all of you for your help!
next time... get a picture of the interior after you remove the panel for further reference...

everything was clips? or did you have to remove any bolt/screw maybe in the bottom?

Last edited by picaflor; 03-15-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by picaflor
next time... get a picture of the interior after you remove the panel for further reference...

everything was clips? or did you have to remove any bolt/screw maybe in the bottom?
My bad! I was so excited about everything working so smoothly that I did not think of taking pics of the panels off.

The rear panels were much simpler than I thought they would be. Simply remove a single screw at the bottom of the panel, use a flat object to be sure the rubber moulding is not stuck to the panel (I used this tool from Crutchfield - Trim Removal Tool - it is well worth the $10), and then used the trim tool to pop the panels away from the door. One tip: there is one large white plastic clip, approx. 4" x 1", that is a real bear to remove. The speakers included adapter wires and were easy to install. I had to cut two screw tabs off the edges of each front speaker with a Dremel tool so they would fit.

Frankly, the biggest obstacle for me was getting over the fear of screwing up!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Eat. Sleep. Lift.

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a reg cab also just installed all my speakers, 2 amps and my sub, I broke a few clips on the front doors but you can't tell.

Quick Reply: Rear Speaker Removal\Replacement in Regular Cab - Help!