Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Rear Door Plastic Removal 06 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Door Plastic Removal 06 Lariat

Ok! Did a search and could not find anything towards removing the plastic on the rear doors of my 06 Lariat. Am trying to access my rear speakers but the grills just won't pop off so I figure that I need to remove the whole plastic to access them.

Front ones were easy and also realized that I was jip since I do not have any tweeters in the doors even though I have an audiphile radio. Think either the original owner or the dealership swap out the radio or speakers since I'm missing some pieces that usually come with an Audiophile radio, anyways this is all coming out this weekend but sure would like to know how remove those rear grills.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have the same question. I am right in the middle of replacing all speakers, adding an amp, and sub. Does the grill pop off like the front door? Also I ordered a fox box (single 10") and it fits extremely tight under the seat. Is there a trick to getting it all the way under the drivers side rear seat?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/05-f150...-speakers-949/
Old 03-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figured it out and you do have to remove the whole assy but it's not that hard, you have 1 screw on the bottom and 2 in the top once you remove the upper panels which are clip in and are easy to unsnap then you remove the door handle by removing the plastic cover which has a slot then you'll see a 8mm bolt remove it. Then all you need to remove is the electric window plastic which again just pop outs. Once that's all done, you pull the door plastic upwards and it will remove. Took me about 5-10 minutes each. The 3 screws are 6mm. The speaker bolts are 7/64

Quick Reply: Rear Door Plastic Removal 06 Lariat