Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Quick question: 2018 non b&o. Are the front door and tweeters on seperate channels ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Quick question: 2018 non b&o. Are the front door and tweeters on seperate channels ?

I'm getting conflicting info . On a 7 speaker non b&o 2018 supercrew, is the front door speakers and a-pillar tweeters on seperate channels ? Or are they combined?

Is the tweeter using a capacitor for high pass filter or is it done at the headunit ?
​​​​​​

​​​
Old 06-05-2018, 10:37 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRealJCole
I'm getting conflicting info . On a 7 speaker non b&o 2018 supercrew, is the front door speakers and a-pillar tweeters on seperate channels ? Or are they combined?

Is the tweeter using a capacitor for high pass filter or is it done at the headunit ?
​​​​​​

​​​
The tweeter is using a capacitor but I believe the split occurs at the head unit.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the reply. So for practical purposes, can I run the front door and tweeter off a single channel from an aftermarket amp using the factory wiring ? Trying to envision how people are hooking up the small in-dash amps like the alpine PowerPack .
Old 06-06-2018, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. So for practical purposes, can I run the front door and tweeter off a single channel from an aftermarket amp using the factory wiring ? Trying to envision how people are hooking up the small in-dash amps like the alpine PowerPack .
It's depends. Do you have the 8 inch screen/sync 3?
Old 06-06-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
It's depends. Do you have the 8 inch screen/sync 3?
The reason I ask is because for the 2018's with sync 3, 8 inch headunit, the tweeters are running directly off the headunit. Now, that is how the b&o system is wired. All speakers run through the amp and the tweeters off the head unit. But, there is zero difference between the headunits b&o or not, it's the same exact sync 3, 8 inch screen which leads me to believe that just like the b&o system, the tweeters are run off the headunit. That means that you will want to sum the tweeters and mids so you are maintaining a full frequency signal. This is a large assumption but it makes sense. If it splits after the headunit, I couldn't tell you where but I do know that the split doesn't occur in the door so you would have to trace the wire back.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:36 AM

The reason I ask is because for the 2018's with sync 3, 8 inch headunit, the tweeters are running directly off the headunit. Now, that is how the b&o system is wired. All speakers run through the amp and the tweeters off the head unit. But, there is zero difference between the headunits b&o or not, it's the same exact sync 3, 8 inch screen which leads me to believe that just like the b&o system, the tweeters are run off the headunit. That means that you will want to sum the tweeters and mids so you are maintaining a full frequency signal. This is a large assumption but it makes sense. If it splits after the headunit, I couldn't tell you where but I do know that the split doesn't occur in the door so you would have to trace the wire back.
Yes, sync 3, 8" screen, 7 speaker setup, but not the B&o (no subwoofer)

So will I have 4 extra wires for the tweeters coming from the head unit ? My amp (kicker key180.4) has the option to run the tweeters on their own channels, bi-amped and apply high pass filters to them.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 AM

Here's how I would do it. If you aren't going to sum the channels then let the tweeters run off the factory headunit. After all, tweeters don't need a ton of power to be loud and clear. Then use your amp for your four doors.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Here's how I would do it. If you aren't going to sum the channels then let the tweeters run off the factory headunit. After all, tweeters don't need a ton of power to be loud and clear. Then use your amp for your four doors.
Better speakers are going to sound better regardless.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:52 AM

Problem is this amp has a microphone and does auto EQ and time alignment. I was hoping to use that functionality. I could splice the front doors and tweets together at the harness to sum them but then I'd be cutting the impedance in half... I think.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:40 AM

Problem is this amp has a microphone and does auto EQ and time alignment. I was hoping to use that functionality. I could splice the front doors and tweets together at the harness to sum them but then I'd be cutting the impedance in half... I think.
That is a problem. Let me do some research and see if maybe there is a harness available.

Quick Reply: Quick question: 2018 non b&o. Are the front door and tweeters on seperate channels ?