Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Questions about my '17 XL STX with Sync 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Questions about my '17 XL STX with Sync 3

Hello! This past Friday, after months of deliberation, I placed an order for a '17 XL 2.7 SuperCrew with STX package. I was originally planning on going for an XLT with 302A, but the '17 XL has just what I want and nothing more (vinyl floors, column shifter, body color bumpers, sync 3, etc).

What is the power rating for the Sync 3 system? I'm only interested in replacing the speakers, so I would like to know what sort of power the system puts out.

Unless there's a way to add an amp without altering the stock speaker wiring, I won't be adding a speaker amp. I figured I'd stick with sizes 6x9 in the front and 6.5 in the rear. Is there a forum favorite for speakers when running off of just the head unit power? FYI - I won't be adding a sub.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by pburgh
Hello! This past Friday, after months of deliberation, I placed an order for a '17 XL 2.7 SuperCrew with STX package. I was originally planning on going for an XLT with 302A, but the '17 XL has just what I want and nothing more (vinyl floors, column shifter, body color bumpers, sync 3, etc).

What is the power rating for the Sync 3 system? I'm only interested in replacing the speakers, so I would like to know what sort of power the system puts out.

Unless there's a way to add an amp without altering the stock speaker wiring, I won't be adding a speaker amp. I figured I'd stick with sizes 6x9 in the front and 6.5 in the rear. Is there a forum favorite for speakers when running off of just the head unit power? FYI - I won't be adding a sub.

Thanks in advance!
Estimate the HU puts out 10-15 watts.
The following users liked this post:
pburgh (01-23-2017)