Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Question about sub ontrol knob for RF 3sixty unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:35 AM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about sub ontrol **** for RF 3sixty unit

I am about to start installing my subwoofer finally. I got the box in from joeFox yesterday and installed the sub in it today.

But before I make another thread for my subwoofer install, i have a question. The faceplate that goes around the radio/climate controls/sync/cig lighter/etc. I want to install my subwoofer/auxiliry control **** from the 3sixty into it (where the red box is), right next to where the sync usb/line in inputs are, here is an image:

And this is what the **** looks like:

Now just the **** part. It comes with a stick on plate similar to the one on that build on casing. However the casing can be removed and the **** custom mounted, which is what I will be doing. My question is, what is the easiest way for me to get this part of the dash detached so i can drill and get a clean install on it? Anyone happen to have a link or some guidance on how to remove it without scratching up? To be clear, the way i will be mounting it is drilling a small hole, and putting the part behind the **** through it and a stick on label behind it, it attaches easily, just wondering if I could get a bit of advice here...maybe i can do it without even taking it off if i drill carefully?

I haven't really looked closely at it at all in person, but will be out of town for forth of july weekend, and monday I am off and if these hurricane rains stop, i will getting it all setup then.

Thanks all.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You pretty much have to take that whole dash panel out.
The part with the usb and aux input pops out and there's a screw. Then you pop the side panels off and there are a couple more screws to get the panel out.
There is a thread somewhere that a guy did the front speakers and the stereo and he had pictures and instructions.

That is a great idea for a mounting spot. If I keep my RF 3sixty I might mount the **** there too.

Quick Reply: Question about sub ontrol knob for RF 3sixty unit