Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Please help new guy!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help new guy!

Hey guys n gals I love the site I always search these forums for answers to my truck problems and usually find my answer! Until now. So I joined up so I can ask! I have an 07 fx4 with the factory amp/sub under the rear seat. I'm not sure if it's the amp or sub, but it cuts out allllll the fricken time, my other speakers still work, but no bass, and as a music lover, it's driving me insane!! I have to turn off the h/u, turn back on, then it works again, for an unknown amount of time. It does this about 10-20 times (so annoying) then seems to work ok after it "warms up" kind thing. It's totally random, happens when loud, quiet, idling, driving, I'm stumped. The stereo is comPletely stock except
For a kenwood h/u I had put in. I had the same problem when the factory 6 disc h/u was in as well. Can someone please help!! I don't want to buy a new amp/sub if I don't have to but this problem is too annoying to deal with. Thanks!!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM

Anybody?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM

Only time I ever had a problem like that was when my aftermarket amp was overheating...never had a problem with a factory setup.

You may want to figure out where the amp is at and make sure you aren't covering it up with something or that all the fins are cleaned.

May not be the solution to your problem, but the only thing I can think of.

Did you try searching for an answer?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:48 AM

Ya I've searched n searched. No one seems to have had this problem
Old 10-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can try and take a look at the wire harness behind the hu make sure everything's tight. Check all the connections

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help new guy!