Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Please help, Kicker upgrade system

Old 03-17-2015, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, Kicker upgrade system

Hi all, new member here hoping for some help.

I just installed the Kicker upgrade system (DL3Z-18808-A) in a 13 F150 with MFT 8" screen, with no Sony. After I completed the install I reconnected the battery and was ready to hear how great it sounded. I jump in, turn the key and I got nothing. No instrument display, touchscreen shows nothing and the only lights I have on the dash are the button lights, such as for climate control etc.

But the worst part of all this is now my truck won't even start! I turn the key to the second position and the blower fan kicks on, but still nothing on the instrument display or touchscreen. I turn the key all the way to start and I get nothing. Another thing I found odd was when I lock my doors with the remote the headlights don't flash like normal, they stay on and about 15-20 min. later they shutoff.

I'm so confused by what happened. I have installed many stereos/amps before so I do have some general idea what I was doing. But this kit is so easy to install with being plug and play I can't understand why the truck isn't starting. I have checked fuses, disconnected the power to the sub/amp and still have the issue.

I had my truck towed to the dealer today waiting to hear back from them on what they find. I just don't see how installing this kit would make the truck not start. Only thing I can think of is something with the anti-theft system?? But I don't know, just worried they are going to pin it on me saying it's from installing the kit.

Anyone have thoughts on what could be the issue?

Thanks
Old 03-17-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I looked that kit up and it looks like it's the one with the 4.1 DSP amp. If so it could be the piggy back harness that connects the amp to the MFT or the amp itself.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:54 AM

not 100% sure but i believe that kit is not for the 8" screen radio
Old 03-17-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by LedZepp81
Hi all, new member here hoping for some help.

I just installed the Kicker upgrade system (DL3Z-18808-A) in a 13 F150 with MFT 8" screen, with no Sony. After I completed the install I reconnected the battery and was ready to hear how great it sounded. I jump in, turn the key and I got nothing. No instrument display, touchscreen shows nothing and the only lights I have on the dash are the button lights, such as for climate control etc.

But the worst part of all this is now my truck won't even start! I turn the key to the second position and the blower fan kicks on, but still nothing on the instrument display or touchscreen. I turn the key all the way to start and I get nothing. Another thing I found odd was when I lock my doors with the remote the headlights don't flash like normal, they stay on and about 15-20 min. later they shutoff.

I'm so confused by what happened. I have installed many stereos/amps before so I do have some general idea what I was doing. But this kit is so easy to install with being plug and play I can't understand why the truck isn't starting. I have checked fuses, disconnected the power to the sub/amp and still have the issue.

I had my truck towed to the dealer today waiting to hear back from them on what they find. I just don't see how installing this kit would make the truck not start. Only thing I can think of is something with the anti-theft system?? But I don't know, just worried they are going to pin it on me saying it's from installing the kit.

Anyone have thoughts on what could be the issue?

Thanks
Before towing you should have disconnected the Kicker and seen if it worked. Not just the power but where it spliced into the factory wiring.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:30 AM

Thanks for your replies guys.
Yeah I should have reconnected the factory harness, I wasn't thinking straight by the time I got done. I did double check with the Ford dealer I ordered the system from and it is the correct one for my truck. Hopefully I hear some good news today and get my truck back, can't stand driving this Focus rental they gave me!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:18 PM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LedZepp81
Thanks for your replies guys.
Yeah I should have reconnected the factory harness, I wasn't thinking straight by the time I got done. I did double check with the Ford dealer I ordered the system from and it is the correct one for my truck. Hopefully I hear some good news today and get my truck back, can't stand driving this Focus rental they gave me!
I bet you forgot to reconnect the touch screen back up.. I have 14 xlt with 4.2 screen and almost forgot to reconnect it
Old 03-18-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Hmm. That is interesting...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help, Kicker upgrade system