Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Pioneer AVH-x390BS parking brake bypass wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 07:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Pioneer AVH-x390BS parking brake bypass wiring

Had a Pioneer AVH-X390BS professionally installed in my '04 XLT. All is working great minus the inability to access numerous functions without doing the parking brake on/off/on routine. Purchased a micro bypass and have a good understanding and the ability to get it installed. But what is throwing me off is the green parking brake wire. I would expect it to go straight from the radio harness to the parking brake and terminate there. But it's installed going from the radio harness to the parking brake and then back to the radio harness negative. Is this common? Can I just cut the parking brake wire going from the radio harness and install the bypass wire there? Not exactly sure why the wire goes to the parking brake and then back to the harness negative. But maybe that's the proper way to install it?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Red = power
Black = Ground
Green gets connected to the Green parking brake wire on the HU. Nothing goes to the parking brake.
That's it
Old 06-19-2019, 08:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Installer forgot to tell me, but he already installed a parking brake bypass using a small toggle switch. Found it yesterday and all is working as it should. Explains why the green parking brake wire was hooked up the way it was. Completely missed seeing the toggle switch when I was under the dash looking.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-x390BS parking brake bypass wiring