Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

OEM style backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Default OEM style backup camera

I was looking for some information on an OEM style backup camera like this one http://tailgatecamera.com/collection...ailgate-emblem.
I was thinking of getting a new double din stereo and adding a backup camera, this looks like it would look factory for half of the cost. Has anyone on here installed one or one like this that replaces the oval. If so, is it worth the money? how hard was the installation? any advice on other cameras would be great.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Several manufacturers make that style camera. They just add wiring and equipment to the Ford OEM emblem so fit is exact.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

We offer exactly what you are looking for and also provide a discount for forum members. Check out our F series backup camera kit here: https://camera-source.com/products/f...arket-displays

Though many of the Ford camera kits can look similar on the outside, there are some things you should consider that make our kit come out on top:

1. Our camera uses the latest in image sensor technology, which we have dubbed the super cmos. When shopping around look close at the specs and you will see that ours is 600 tv lines while others are 420-480.
2. We developed the program that this camera sensor uses, which allows us to dial in the best color and contrast and also replicate the factory Ford parking guidelines. Interestingly enough I just looked at the one you were referencing and it appears that they have not only stolen our navigation display image, but even went on to watermark it as their own... classy.
3. Our camera wiring harness is preloomed. This is important because your harness will need to be run under the vehicle and needs this protective layer on the wiring.
4. We have a 3 year limited warranty. We don't just claim our cameras are the best... we prove it with this industry leading warranty.

Feel free to call if you need any assistance as we enjoy the opportunity to help (414-939-5226).

Use the coupon code F150Forum to save $$!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info and the system, looks fantastic. Will your camera work in conjunction with the Aftermarket NAV system that Sundaybuy is marketing on the Forums; the Car DVD Player Fo Ford F-150 2009-2013 With GPS Dual-core A8 Chipset Bluetooth Radio iPod USB?
Originally Posted by camera-source.com
We offer exactly what you are looking for and also provide a discount for forum members. Check out our F series backup camera kit here: https://camera-source.com/products/f...arket-displays

Though many of the Ford camera kits can look similar on the outside, there are some things you should consider that make our kit come out on top:

1. Our camera uses the latest in image sensor technology, which we have dubbed the super cmos. When shopping around look close at the specs and you will see that ours is 600 tv lines while others are 420-480.
2. We developed the program that this camera sensor uses, which allows us to dial in the best color and contrast and also replicate the factory Ford parking guidelines. Interestingly enough I just looked at the one you were referencing and it appears that they have not only stolen our navigation display image, but even went on to watermark it as their own... classy.
3. Our camera wiring harness is preloomed. This is important because your harness will need to be run under the vehicle and needs this protective layer on the wiring.
4. We have a 3 year limited warranty. We don't just claim our cameras are the best... we prove it with this industry leading warranty.

Feel free to call if you need any assistance as we enjoy the opportunity to help (414-939-5226).

Use the coupon code F150Forum to save $$!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one from camera-source and am extremely happy with it. High quality for sure. My only complaint is that I didnt know about the forum discount!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:34 AM
F150 Vendor

His double DIN radio supports auto reversing camera so the camera will plug right in. Our sensor kit is a separate system from the camera though so the type of radio you purchase is irrelevant for the sensors. They come with a controller box that all 4 sensors connect to, then a remote speaker that goes under the dash to make the tone when you get near an object... similar to the factory system.

Did anyone check the warranty on that radio? I looked at the specs and did a keyword search on the page for warranty but found nothing. Be sure to ask before spending your hard earned dollars. Looks like a lot of cool features though.

Originally Posted by Kiwi 1
Great info and the system, looks fantastic. Will your camera work in conjunction with the Aftermarket NAV system that Sundaybuy is marketing on the Forums; the Car DVD Player Fo Ford F-150 2009-2013 With GPS Dual-core A8 Chipset Bluetooth Radio iPod USB?
Old 02-12-2014, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the reversing sensors are a separate item(the OEM sensors won't work with Sundaybuy's NAV system)? Does your sensor kit come as part of the reversing camera set up?
I believe the radio/NAV system has a 1 year warrantee.
Originally Posted by camera-source.com
His double DIN radio supports auto reversing camera so the camera will plug right in. Our sensor kit is a separate system from the camera though so the type of radio you purchase is irrelevant for the sensors. They come with a controller box that all 4 sensors connect to, then a remote speaker that goes under the dash to make the tone when you get near an object... similar to the factory system.

Did anyone check the warranty on that radio? I looked at the specs and did a keyword search on the page for warranty but found nothing. Be sure to ask before spending your hard earned dollars. Looks like a lot of cool features though.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 AM
F150 Vendor

The sensors are a completely different kit than the camera and they do not communicate with each other. Nothing shows up on your navigation related to the sensors, only the camera. The sensors merely produce a tone when you approach an object, with an increase in intensity as you get closer.

It sounds like what you're trying to do is get the sensors to display a distance on the screen? If so, our $50 automotive sensor kit will do that but it's not OEM grade and will never work on a truck unfortunately. The cables are not intended to be run under the bed of a truck so they are not long enough, weather tight, or durable enough. Our truck kit on the other hand is OEM grade and designed for trucks, but doesn't have any video output at all... only tone like the factory does.

Thanks and don't hesitate to ask questions we are here to help.

camera-source.com
414-939-5226

Originally Posted by Kiwi 1
So the reversing sensors are a separate item(the OEM sensors won't work with Sundaybuy's NAV system)? Does your sensor kit come as part of the reversing camera set up?
I believe the radio/NAV system has a 1 year warrantee.

Quick Reply: OEM style backup camera