Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Now THIS is Fun- Sirius-ly...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Now THIS is Fun- Sirius-ly...

Purchased my 2011 in July, with the 6 month free Siruis. Truck has the Sony Nav system. I like it, so I contacted Siruis in early January, and extended it a year.
Fast forward to tuesday of this week (Feb 14th). While driving, my radio stops playing music. I look over and it tells me its doing an update. This is followed by a pop up box, telling me the channels I want are by subscription only, and to call Sirius at 1.888.xxx.xxxx. And they post my ESN number.
So I call, and the tech says they will send an update. Next morning- same pop up box. I've called twice since and here's the fun part:
In order to do the update, I need to turn to the free preview station, channel 184- this is impossible, because I can't open the Siruis without the pop up appearing. I went as far as disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes last night (hoping it would reset). Didn't work.
I'm thinking there may be some sort of flash update required, an access doen through the USB, or possibly a defective head unit. I've contacted Ford, and am waiting for an answer.
Ain't this fun??