Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New system help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New system help

i want to replace my OEM system in my 06 FX4 Scab.

I want navigation with blue tooth, Ipod, DVD, and HD radio.
I want to replace the speakers and add a sub, which will require an amp.

Oh ya and did I mention I have a very limited knowledge base on this topic. Any product recommendations/packages would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a good kenwood unit would be perfect for you!! either double din or single does not matter just a quality excelon unit, i suggest knukonceptz wire, dc sound lab subwoofer, component speakers, amp's are defendant on the speakers you choose

any more questions lmk
Old 02-16-2009, 05:33 PM

Thanks. I looked of the DC sub and couldn't find any in a truck box? I also looked up component speakers, would I just put them up front? Please bear with me, thank for your help
Old 02-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Car Audio Junkie

the dc subs are just that subs, you can either go with a prefab box, but i suggest you make your own, for your truck you would have to make a bracket to make them fit in back and yes they would go stock up front, the time it takes to make them fit in the rear is way worth it though
Old 02-16-2009, 06:02 PM

So I think the DNX5120 is the right for me, should go with kenwood speakers and amp? Also building a box for my truck might be above my paygrade any idea where to look for a pre fabbed one?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Car Audio Junkie

it wont be above your pay grade if you already have the pieces of equipment (tools) to make it already, a simple screw gun and skill saw is all you need, nicer things make it easier but its not needed, a sheet of mdf = 35 bucks, half a sheet is needed to build, carpet can be ordered online for less than 20 bucks, or a nice finish called fleckstone which is 8 bucks a can at home depot, pre fab box is easily over 100 bucks, that deck will do nice its not the best but it will work for you and you will be happy with it...i dont care for kenwood amps myself and there speakers are ok, phoenix gold rsd components, re audio re components, kicker ks components are all very nice and decently priced

if your still stuck on pre fab look to sin city and ask where i found his, i completely forgot where i found it at but its really nice...and he is runnin a dc lvl 2 which i suggest you do too
Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM

I'm not stuck on a pre fab and i have the tools. It's just that I don't have the basic knowledge of sound systems. If I had dimensions I could build it no problem. "...and he is runnin a dc lvl 2 which i suggest you do too" I gather a dc lvl 2 is an amp. Could you just build the system for me, just kidding. Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Car Audio Junkie

the dc lvl 2 is a subwoofer, and if your close to me i would be happy to do your sound system (for a price) but cheaper than any shop
Old 02-19-2009, 11:07 PM

Your whole system depends on what you want. If you just want a good quality bass in a pre fab box check out the JL Audio Stealthbox. Now if you want to beat the block down you could go with Kicker L7s. You also have to consider if you want to lose your back seat or not.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Car Audio Junkie

no l7, there overpriced and not that much better than a lvl 2 would be, and the lvl 3 would be better if your raising the seat

Quick Reply: New system help