Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Sub and Amp Installed in '08 Supercab

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Sub and Amp Installed in '08 Supercab

Got my sub and amp installed this weekend and it is exactly what I was looking for to upgrade the factory sound system and keep the factory head unit. I already swapped out the four door speakers for Polk db571's. I bought my enclosure from supercrewsound, sub is a Polk MM1040, and amp is a Kenwood 8105. I was just looking for something to fill out the lows and this fit the bill perfect. I listen to mostly country and rock, very little rap or hip hop, not trying to blow any doors off or anything.

Install went pretty well. Found a small oval grommet in the firewall right behind the battery on the passenger side that worked perfect to run the power cable through. The amp had speaker level inputs and that made hookup very easy. I will be mounting the amp behind the rear seat but for this week I just have it setting on the passenger side rear floor in case I want to make any adjustments. I think I have it dialed in pretty good right now. It could push out much more bass than I have it set up at now. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the box. I wish it was a 1/4" to 1/2" shorter so you don't have to force the seat down to get it to lock into place. This causes the sub to rest on the carpet. It doesn't affect the sound or anything but hopefully doesn't mess up the sub. Other than that though, the enclosure looks great and blends right in.

All in all I'm thrilled with how it turned out. Highly recommend this setup to anyone wanting to add a little bass to their factory system.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got any pics of the box, looking to do the same
Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

I'd like to see pics as well. I am looking at doing the polk db571's. How well does the box fit under the back seat and how much was it?
Old 12-25-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Must be a stealthbox. I have one also and am blown away at how good it sounds. I figure you must be trying to keep the stock look, but a headunit will really wake that system up.

Quick Reply: New Sub and Amp Installed in '08 Supercab