Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150

Hello everyone, Im not sure if im in the correct thread or not, so i apologize if im not. I have a 2013 FX 2 supercab with the sony system, ive added a jl audio amp behind the rear seat, with 2 -12" subs under the rear seat, Ive recently upgraded the 4 door speakers to Hertz 5x7? or 6x8, coax, and it made a world of difference. Note, i kept my stock head unit. However, id like to add a 4 channel amp amp to those 4 door speakers and not lose any of the features in the truck, chimes, apps, etc, i was told that the existing stock sony amp is tied into all of these features and more. I also read that they make "vehicle specific" amps (4 channel) for installations such as this.. I know someone has had to run into this issue at one point or another. any info on this would be helpful.. i appreciate you guys. thank you.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:15 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by crawfishman
Hello everyone, Im not sure if im in the correct thread or not, so i apologize if im not. I have a 2013 FX 2 supercab with the sony system, ive added a jl audio amp behind the rear seat, with 2 -12" subs under the rear seat, Ive recently upgraded the 4 door speakers to Hertz 5x7? or 6x8, coax, and it made a world of difference. Note, i kept my stock head unit. However, id like to add a 4 channel amp amp to those 4 door speakers and not lose any of the features in the truck, chimes, apps, etc, i was told that the existing stock sony amp is tied into all of these features and more. I also read that they make "vehicle specific" amps (4 channel) for installations such as this.. I know someone has had to run into this issue at one point or another. any info on this would be helpful.. i appreciate you guys. thank you.
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/fix86-dsr1-405661/
Old 02-12-2018, 10:27 PM
Load and Charge

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I did a similar install in my 13' (Sony) system. I used a JL SSI (which is usually used in conjunction with a JL CleanSweap) to sum the signals together out of the factory Sony amplifier which is under the center console. From the JL SSI, I went into an Audio Control LC2i (I was only amplifying the front speakers) and then out to two JL amps, one 2 channel for the front components and one mono for the Sundown sub. I left the rear door speakers hooked to the factory Sony amp rear speaker signals, but upgraded the speakers to a better set.
It sounded fantastic.

Here are some pics to show you where it's all at. The stock sub was removed for a custom single 10" sealed enclosure.
Attached Thumbnails New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150-truck.jpg   New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150-truck2.jpg   New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150-truck3.jpg   New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150-truck4.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Member! Question about installing amp in 13 F150