Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

new to bass, help!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to bass, help!

I have no idea what this sub and amp are worth, somebody tell me if it is a deal and if the subs and amp are a good brand
Old 04-14-2012, 11:27 AM

also, what do I need to hook them up? I have an 01 f-150 ext.cab 4x4. I do have a friend that is knowledgeable in hooking them up but hes at work haha
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

you didn't mention what kind they are. and you will need an aftermarket radio installed doesn't matter what kind, and a car audio kit from like Wal mart. get the appropriate sizing kit for your amp. I believe they have 200, 500, 600 and the max is 1000watt.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by raif281
you didn't mention what kind they are. and you will need an aftermarket radio installed doesn't matter what kind, and a car audio kit from like Wal mart. get the appropriate sizing kit for your amp. I believe they have 200, 500, 600 and the max is 1000watt.

Becareful buying amp kits from wal-mart. If you arent using a high-powered amp(i.e. <1000rms) then a wal-mart kit would be fine. Typically, the gauging on those kits are off by quite a bit. Some of the 4 gauge kits only have 6ga equivalent. I'm not for sure but I don't thing the AWG rate's their kits so they include the diameter of the insulation. Just a heads up if going for SQ or a high powered system.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ibd2328

Becareful buying amp kits from wal-mart. If you arent using a high-powered amp(i.e. <1000rms) then a wal-mart kit would be fine. Typically, the gauging on those kits are off by quite a bit. Some of the 4 gauge kits only have 6ga equivalent. I'm not for sure but I don't thing the AWG rate's their kits so they include the diameter of the insulation. Just a heads up if going for SQ or a high powered system.
yea I know that, but he didn't specify the size brand an all that so I just said get one from Walmart. most likely a little 500watt amp for a single sub, 10 or a 12. if he really wanted serious sound he would know to go to a car audio store an get real gauge wire like I did. yes I know the Walmart gauge stuff isn't exactly what it says, they do seem to skim on the wire sizing. figured the Walmart kit would do him just fine, an like I said he didn't say anything about the amp size brand or sub
Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by raif281
yea I know that, but he didn't specify the size brand an all that so I just said get one from Walmart. most likely a little 500watt amp for a single sub, 10 or a 12. if he really wanted serious sound he would know to go to a car audio store an get real gauge wire like I did. yes I know the Walmart gauge stuff isn't exactly what it says, they do seem to skim on the wire sizing. figured the Walmart kit would do him just fine, an like I said he didn't say anything about the amp size brand or sub
Yes, I agree that kit should suffice for his install since he isnt going for the kilowatt+ power. Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude or anything. Just like to warn people about products that don't specifiy their quality or true ratings. Also, its hard to beat wal-mart on prices if you arent going for the huge system or sound quality. If you just want a little extra bump, you won't beat the price on their kits.

As for me, the only true "audio" wire I use is the for the RCA's and Speaker wire. I use mining/welding cable for my power and grounds. Hell of a lot less resistance and more duarable. Plus its not marked up nearly as much as car audio products.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 PM

those car audio stores have huge mark ups i either go to a auto parts store or a hardware
store an get 8 gwg to 6 gwg stranded wire depending on the application an auto parts store for fuse blocks an terminal connectors way cheaper an u get betters stuff it jus doesnt have the pretty insulation on it but i dont want folks seeing my wires anyways
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 PM

my bad guys, i forgot to list the link, but i got a 10in pioneer with a 600 watt sony xplod sub
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by ibd2328

Yes, I agree that kit should suffice for his install since he isnt going for the kilowatt+ power. Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude or anything. Just like to warn people about products that don't specifiy their quality or true ratings. Also, its hard to beat wal-mart on prices if you arent going for the huge system or sound quality. If you just want a little extra bump, you won't beat the price on their kits.

As for me, the only true "audio" wire I use is the for the RCA's and Speaker wire. I use mining/welding cable for my power and grounds. Hell of a lot less resistance and more duarable. Plus its not marked up nearly as much as car audio products.
it's cool bro lol, an yea again that's why I said Wally world can't beat em! where would you get that wire from? yea true an I have a bud who works at one an gives me the "family discount" lol so it's all good
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 PM

I got the line output converter so i dont need an aftermarket radio

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to bass, help!