Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New 2018 Screw, 2014 SoundStage

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2018 Screw, 2014 SoundStage

I just bought a 2018 Screw XLT with 302A. It has 7 speakers no sub. I traded in a 14 Screw FX4 502A. I bought the sound stage and trashed the sony sub for the kicker in the 2014. I could not use the 4 channel amp so it is still in the bag along with the kicker speakers. Could I install this into the 2018 XLT Screw? The amp has DL3J-18T806-AA on it and I think the speakers are 6x8? Thanks in advance
Old 09-18-2018, 05:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I just bought the same truck as you last week.

Front Doors - 6x9's

Read Doors - 6.5's

Center Dash - 3.5

A-Pillar - Tweeters

I would imagine that you can use the 4 channel amp. You would just have to choose what speakers you want to amp. I myself am in a similar situation. Im torn if I should amp just the door speakers, or amp the tweeters and 6x9's up front and use the rear doors and center dash speaker as fillers.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:23 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Caldwell54
I just bought the same truck as you last week.

Front Doors - 6x9's

Read Doors - 6.5's

Center Dash - 3.5

A-Pillar - Tweeters

I would imagine that you can use the 4 channel amp. You would just have to choose what speakers you want to amp. I myself am in a similar situation. Im torn if I should amp just the door speakers, or amp the tweeters and 6x9's up front and use the rear doors and center dash speaker as fillers.
The second route is the correct one. You need to keep your tweeters and mids on the same db scale for the sake of phase, tuning, and time alignment. Rears and center are always fill. But, with proper tuning and time-alignment, you do not need the center at all. It's a waste. I could sit you in my truck and play talking tracks and you would swear the person talking was speaking out of the center channel. Thing is, I don't have a center channel in my system. It's all about the tune.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:30 AM

I spoke w kicker and they said I can’t use it but didn’t sound very convincing. Just stated that it was the wrong year. I am curious if the harness has changed.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:51 AM

Let me ask you, are you wanting to reuse that amp because you don't want it to go to waste or is it necessary due to budget constraints or do you want it to be completely plug and play? Because if you want a plug and play amp with rack, I can absolutely build that for you. That's my focus on my installs. Making everything plug and play. You don't have to spend hundreds on amps to have a great sounding system. 90% of it is the setup and tune. Here's some pics of the work I have done on my personal trucks. All plug and play, all drop in, completely removable and reversible. I could do it for any amp you wanted.
Attached Thumbnails New 2018 Screw, 2014 SoundStage-photo219.jpg   New 2018 Screw, 2014 SoundStage-photo377.jpg   New 2018 Screw, 2014 SoundStage-photo153.jpg  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:59 AM

I would love a premium setup but was looking to use that amp as a stopgap until I get this thing figured out. I want to go the Fix86 route and still be able to put a sub behind the rear seat. Not sure if I could use the ford kicker sub behind the seat and still use fix86. It’s been years since I have played with audio and integrating the oem head is new to me. I want to save money certainly but just trying to understand what can be done on a 2018
Old 09-21-2018, 01:55 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

dhmcfadin does incredible work and is a pleasure to work with. I'm always excited to see what you come up with next.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Let me ask you, are you wanting to reuse that amp because you don't want it to go to waste or is it necessary due to budget constraints or do you want it to be completely plug and play? Because if you want a plug and play amp with rack, I can absolutely build that for you. That's my focus on my installs. Making everything plug and play. You don't have to spend hundreds on amps to have a great sounding system. 90% of it is the setup and tune. Here's some pics of the work I have done on my personal trucks. All plug and play, all drop in, completely removable and reversible. I could do it for any amp you wanted.
beautiful
Old 09-29-2018, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by doug97gxe
beautiful
Thanks man.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Very nice work. Love the clean layout. Is that 1/4” thick ABS sheet?

Quick Reply: New 2018 Screw, 2014 SoundStage