Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need some help from more experinced people then me.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help from more experinced people then me.

Ok I'm still working on the details of my system. One sub under rear seat conponets up front and coax in the back.

I will most likely have two amps one for the door speakers 4 channel and 1 for the sub.

What I'm thinking is to use a LC6I, and connect all the door speakers to that. Then I will replace the door speakers with new speakers, But that means I have to run two sets of wires to the back door's and 3 sets of wires to the front door if I do conponets up front?

Every other truck I have had I repalced the headunit and it gave me RCA outs. This is the first truck I have had where I will not be doing that. So I need some help and suggestions on what products to by before I buy them.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 PM
lol, wut

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

You'll only need to run one set of wires to each door. For the front doors, the wires would connect to the crossover, then you would run wires from the crossover to the midbass and tweeters. For the rear doors, you would simply connect a set of wires to each speaker.

What I would do though, is use a speed wire and run from your amplifier to the stock wiring harness, and use the stock wires into the doors and an adapter plug. The stock wiring should be fine for just about any aftermarket speaker (unless you're going to be running some multi-hundred watt RMS monsters).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some help from more experinced people then me.