Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need Serious Help...and Quick!

Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Need Serious Help...and Quick!

I just spent all day installing a CleanSweep and a 5 channel Alpine Amp. I ran all the speaker wires coming from the HU (at the speakers) to the Clean Sweep, and then I ran all the speaker wires back out to the speakers themselves from the amp. I connected the RCA's from teh clean sweep to the amp, and now that I am done........I have nothing! No sound at all, all the lights are showing everything is operational, but I have no sound out of any of my speakers. Can anyone guess WTF I did wrong? Not a good way to end an all day project and a half torn apart truck!....grin
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

make sure all the settings on the cleansweep is set correctly, then go back and double check all your connections, thats about the only way to do it right and figure it all out since you say the amp isnt in protect or anything like that
Old 03-27-2010, 11:36 PM

What does the amp being in protect mean? I dont know how there could be anything else at falt here other than the amp. I mean 4 speaker wire into teh sweep, rca's into the amp, and 4 speaker wires going from the amp back to the speakers. What I dont get, is not hearing anything, not even my factory synch stuff. There just nothing coming out of the speakers.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 AM

Well I have figured out something, though its absolutely crazy. I only have power going to my left rear speaker, I just got done checking each of the speaker connections and I have no power going to 3 of the 4 door speakers , check just before where I tapped into them. This is insane, what would cause that?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:25 AM

Well I am good and screwed now, I returned everything back to stock and still have no sound from the stereo, with my luck, something in the amp probably shorted out something in the factory head unit. Does not get any better than this!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Well I am good and screwed now, I returned everything back to stock and still have no sound from the stereo, with my luck, something in the amp probably shorted out something in the factory head unit. Does not get any better than this!
Don't know about the switch back to factory not working, but usually if an amp is in protect mode, it means the ohms dropped too low for the amp to handle or that it's not grounded properly.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:19 AM

Something must have shorted out, because its doing the same thing it was doing with the amp and cleansweep hooked up, and its all stock right now. For some reason, 3 out of the 4 speakers are not getting power, as to why the 4th one that has power isn't working......I dont know. I am pretty well screwed at this point, I dont know what would even cause this. Boy am I wishing like hell I wouldn't screwed with it in the first place!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 AM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you 'tap into' and connect the wires? are u sure they are very well connected? What i would do is get a multimeter and check continuity through your connections. From where you cut coming from the factory stereo to the speakers, so that you go through your connection. Its the only thing that i could see wrong, is some loose/bad connections.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM

I wish it were that simple, I have no power going to any of the speaker wires now, except for the rear left speaker, and it does not make a sound. My best guess is I must have fubarred one of the speaker connections and the amp when powered up sent the juice back to the factory radio instead of to the speaker. Cant confirm that , but thats my best guess. Everything else works in the radio and Sync, etc, just no sound from any of the speakers at all.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:06 PM

Any suggestions on an aftermarket Stereo?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Serious Help...and Quick!