Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Need ForScan advise -removed Sony Amp

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 06:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need ForScan advise -removed Sony Amp

I removed my Sony Amp from my 17' with 802a package. Replaced system with Rockford Fosgates new DSR1 and a JL HD900/5 amp.

The DSR1 combines a full-featured 3Sixty digital signal processor with a flashable iDatalink Maestro integration module

Just trying to confirm which Forscan settings to change?
ACM 727-01-01 : xx5a xxxx xxxx
ACM 727-01-02 : 00xx xxxx xxxx
APIM 7D0-01-01 : 2xxx xxxx xxxx
Old 09-30-2017, 08:05 PM

Location: Between the dark side of the moon and Knottinghamshire
Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

[QUOTE=bwmiller1974;5489602]I removed my Sony Amp from my 17' with 802a package. Replaced system with Rockford Fosgates new DSR1 and a JL HD900/5 amp.

The DSR1 combines a full-featured 3Sixty digital signal processor with a flashable iDatalink Maestro integration module

Just trying to confirm which Forscan settings to change?
ACM 727-01-01 : xx5a xxxx xxxx 5 = Variable Line Level Audio Output

ACM 727-01-02 : 00xx xxxx xxxx 00xx =Disables Factory EQ Processing
APIM 7D0-01-01 : 2xxx xxxx xxxx = APIM change required only if you have Sony DSP before completing this mod.

[/QUOTE
Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 AM

Okay so I have all my stuff installed and most everything is working. I just need to get it tuned as I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to that.

1) is there away to change the volume of system chimes/beeps like when you open the car door with the engine running or long press the HU to program a radio station?

2) I need to make sure I get the ForScan settings changed that are needed to optimize my setup, if there are any. Part of the installation of the DSR1 is to flash the device with vehicle specific firmware from iDataLink-Maestro. I assume the programming takes into account that this is a plug an play and no changes to the ACM/APIM would be needed?

I say this , because when I make the following changes in ACM I have zero audio 727-01-01 xx5A xxxx xxxx | 727-01-02 00xx xxxx xxxx

3) Could still use clarification on ForScan settings. I see there are a lot of changes that can be done under the ACM tab of the spreadsheet, but I really don't understand the terminology. If someone could explain it I would appreciate it. I don't get what some or a lot of these terms mean "reserved, external variable, fixed L/L, ect. "

Example: 727-01-01 module

Old 10-10-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

I stand corrected.

Last edited by dhmcfadin; 10-10-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Why in the world would you completely remove the factory amp? That piece of equipment controls so much more than just your speaker amplification. You need that amp/processor in your truck. It controls nav, chimes, back up sensors, etc. Further, the Sony does not operate like a standard amp, its using CANbus communication which no other amp can understand. You should use this https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541AP4...e.html?tp=6348 It does everything you want without having to cut a single wire.

I hope you can get it back together.
Sorry to inform you that you are wrong.

I used the DSR1 as stated at the beginning of the thread. It's a new product, so I understand your not being educated on it. I can't see why you would want to keep that crappy Sony Amp.

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Co-developed with ADS, the DSR1 combines a full-featured 3Sixty digital signal processor with a flashable iDatalink Maestro integration module. The DSR1 can be used out-of-the-box with high or low level input, or with a quick flash download to add vehicle specific firmware to enable integration without the loss of factory equipped controls and features. Once connected, complete control of the sound profile can be adjusted using Rockford Fosgate’s proprietary 3Sixty tuning software.

Here is a link if you want to learn more about it. I'm not an idiot - this is a $70,000 Raptor and I'm not going to **** it up...

Anyway - I'm happy to report my system is working great! It works flawlessly and integrates into the factory wiring with the proper t-harness.

New system is Rockford Fosgate DSR1
JL AMP HD900/5
Front Components JL C5-650
Rear Coaxial JL C2-650x
Sub - custom box 10" with JL 10tw3-d4

Co-developed with ADS, the DSR1 combines a full-featured 3Sixty digital signal processor with a flashable iDatalink Maestro integration module. The DSR1 can be used out-of-the-box with high or low level input, or with a quick flash download to add vehicle specific firmware to enable integration without the loss of factory equipped controls and features. Once connected, complete control of the sound profile can be adjusted using Rockford Fosgate’s proprietary 3Sixty tuning software.

Last edited by bwmiller1974; 10-10-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by bwmiller1974
Sorry to inform you that you are wrong.

I used the DSR1 as stated at the beginning of the thread. It's a new product, so I understand your not being educated on it. I can't see why you would want to keep that crappy Sony Amp.

Here is a link if you want to learn more about it. I'm not an idiot - this is a $70,000 Raptor and I'm not going to **** it up...

Anyway - I'm happy to report my system is working great! It works flawlessly and integrates into the factory wiring with the proper t-harness.

New system is Rockford Fosgate DSR1
JL AMP HD900/5
Front Components JL C5-650
Rear Coaxial JL C2-650x
Sub - custom box 10" with JL 10tw3-d4

That is pretty cool. I honestly had not heard of that. Awesome!

Edit: I’m not keeping the Sony amp by choice but before this thread, I was under the impression that I had to. I’m gonna have to re-evaluate some things.

Last edited by dhmcfadin; 10-10-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:09 PM

Ya man - it works really well! I had pre ordered the DSR1 when I heard about it. I was going to go the AmpPro route like you linked, but the DSR1 sounded so much better being a DSP and CAN all in one unit. It's really the first all in one device to the market for replacing factory systems.

Mind you it's new to the market, but I haven't had any issues with it. Though I've only just finished my upgrades and only had it in for week now.

Last edited by bwmiller1974; 10-10-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Ya man - it works really well! I had pre ordered the DSR1 when I heard about it. I was going to go the AmpPro route like you linked, but the DSR1 sounded so much better being a DSP and CAN all in one unit. It's really the first all in one device to the market for replacing factory systems.

Mind you it's new to the market, but I haven't had any issues with it. Though I've only just finished my upgrades and only had it in for week now.
I think I’m gonna return the AmpPro and go this route. And just to clarify, I wouldn’t need the Twk88 anymore because DSR1 has a built in 360.3 type processor. Where did you mount it? In the factory Sony amp location? I really appreciate you explaining everything.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:07 PM

Correct - the only thing you need to integrate this is the DSR1, t-harness and an aftermarket amp. I will take a picture of mine tonight. I built a custom sub box and have everything mounted behind the seat. Looking at the picture of my sub above... I mounted the AMP on the left side and the DSR1 on the right side where the stock Sony Amp was.

The setup is pretty straight forward. When you get the DSR1 you need to connect it to a computer via USB and flash it with the firmware from Rockford Fosgate first.

Then you use the idatalink-maestro weblink updater to flash it for use with the vehicle.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:22 PM

Correct - the only thing you need to integrate this is the DSR1, t-harness and an aftermarket amp. I will take a picture of mine tonight. I built a custom sub box and have everything mounted behind the seat. Looking at the picture of my sub above... I mounted the AMP on the left side and the DSR1 on the right side where the stock Sony Amp was.

The setup is pretty straight forward. When you get the DSR1 you need to connect it to a computer via USB and flash it with the firmware from Rockford Fosgate first.

Then you use the idatalink-maestro weblink updater to flash it for use with the vehicle.
Just to clarify, with the iDatalink HRN-AR-F02, everything will be plug and play, no splicing or soldering into the factory harness? I'm seriously pumped about this! Returning JL DSP and PacPro as we speak.