Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Navigation Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Question

Hey guys I have an 08 F-150 with the CD-6 and mp3 player i was wondering what what i would have too do to get the OEM ford navigation system.Was wondering if the wiring is different and if I need too add anything for the navigation too work.Thanx
Old 02-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been looking to do the same to my 06 and as far as I've ben able to tell, if you get one from another F150 it will be plug and play. There is an additional GPS antenna you'll have to mount so beware - many sellers (ebay) do not include it. If you buy a Ford unit from another model vehicle it may fit but will likely have to be reprogrammed for the Nav to work. Expect to pay about $100 for that. (There is a guy on ebay in Addison, TX - near Dallas - that will do it for $69.)

So look for a OEM unit from a F150 with the antenna and it should be piece of cake. Also note that 06 and earlier units the Nav is CD based - takes a series of 6 CDs - whereas the 07 and later are usually DVD based requiring only a single DVD. Either are readily available on ebay.

Good luck
Old 02-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Car Audio Junkie

its not 100% plug and play, there is extra wires that will need to be ran, also the factory navigation can get "jumbled" and not be 100% reliable, i say go for a nice aftermarket double din so you still maintain the stock look but have all the features you want and more
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by loganberry
its not 100% plug and play, there is extra wires that will need to be ran, also the factory navigation can get "jumbled" and not be 100% reliable, i say go for a nice aftermarket double din so you still maintain the stock look but have all the features you want and more
si!

Go for a pioneer.....the OEM unit is el suck-o, my friends Navigator got the blue screen of death when he missed a turn.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Car Audio Junkie

in the way of navigation pioneer isnt king, kenwood is lately, alpine is good and so is eclipse, but kenwood is king

Quick Reply: Navigation Question