Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

My new subwoofer and amp!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My new subwoofer and amp!!!

Hey everyone. I have a 2000 F-150 xlt 5.4l ext cab flareside. I just recently got 2 10' Legacy 1000watt subs and a 2 channel 1000w amp to push it. When I went to have it installed in the subwoofer box for the F-150 that I have the subs are too big for the box!!!! The install guy said I have to get a special subwoofer called low profile subwoofers. The problem is that they are kinda expensive!!! Is there a way I can have a custom box built so that the subs I have will fit and still get a deep bass sound? If anyone can help please do so!!!! thanks in advance!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you dont have to get low profile subwoofers to make it fit, but i would say return what you bought if possible, legacy is flea market stuff...you can make many 8"s 10"s and 12"s fit without too much trouble in a pre fab box, how much did you pay for the subs and amp?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:14 PM

I paid a total of $150 for both subs and the amp. All I wanted was a little bass. Not so that you can hear me from a mile away but something that sounds nice in the cab. I know legacy isnt the best, but for what I got them for with the amp was a steal. And the both are BRAND NEW!!!! The down fall I cant return them. I know you can help me loganberry aka Mr. Music Man!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, well tbh a single 8 can sound better than both those subs you got but since you got those then we can make them work or try....put your box in your truck and measure the space from the baffle (part of the box where u put the subs in) to the floor, then measure the gasket of your sub (the part of the sub wehre the screws go in) should be around 1/2 an inch or so, then you need to find the xmax of the sub (excursion in inches) so once u have those thats the minimum amount of space you need from baffle to floor to make it work, the more the better if you dont have that after you add to the box to make the subs fit then it wont work and you will have 150 bucks worth of paperweights
Old 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM

just get a single box that will fit behind your driver seat. it will work just fine if all you want is to add a little bass to your music.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new subwoofer and amp!!!