Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

My installer on vacation, I need help.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My installer on vacation, I need help.

i live in a small town but I’m fortunate enough to be friends with a long time installer who has forgotten more than others as far as what’s right for a person etc.
I am installing a sub under the back seat of my 2016 Screw. I am on a very tight budget and just purchased a Pioneer 300w 10” pre-loaded TSSWX2502 speaker and Pioneer 300w rms gmd8601 mono amp.
Now, I’m a senior who is not out to win contests, but for the small additional cost, do most run something like an Audiocontrol LC2i line out converter? My installer will tell me yes or no, but if he says I should have one (since I’m keeping the stock head unit), I’d like to have it in my hand when he starts my install.
Thanks a ton
Old 02-23-2018, 10:05 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Dene
i live in a small town but I’m fortunate enough to be friends with a long time installer who has forgotten more than others as far as what’s right for a person etc.
I am installing a sub under the back seat of my 2016 Screw. I am on a very tight budget and just purchased a Pioneer 300w 10” pre-loaded TSSWX2502 speaker and Pioneer 300w rms gmd8601 mono amp.
Now, I’m a senior who is not out to win contests, but for the small additional cost, do most run something like an Audiocontrol LC2i line out converter? My installer will tell me yes or no, but if he says I should have one (since I’m keeping the stock head unit), I’d like to have it in my hand when he starts my install.
Thanks a ton
No just tap off the rear door speaker for a signal and run your power from the battery to the amp and from your fusebox for the amp turn on. You can use speaker level inputs into the sub or attach a cheap low level converter to the speaker wire inputs and plug it into the RCA inputs(low Level)
The following users liked this post:
Dene (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 11:29 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

The lc21 will help with bass roll off from the factory deck. That’s when at high volumes, the deck cuts some bass to save the speakers from blowing out. But if you’re not going to be listening at high volumes, you probably won’t notice much. If you’re interested, I have a brand new lc21 and remote bass **** for sale. I bought them and ended up going with a dsp instead. Shoot me a pm if interested.
The following users liked this post:
Dene (02-23-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 12:14 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Does your truck have fake engine noise? I believe any ecoboost with lariat trim or higher has fake engine noise. I installed a sub last week and had a ton of engine noise run thru my sub. Sounded horrible till i had Ford turn it off yesterday. Just an FYI
Old 02-24-2018, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05foreman
Does your truck have fake engine noise? I believe any ecoboost with lariat trim or higher has fake engine noise. I installed a sub last week and had a ton of engine noise run thru my sub. Sounded horrible till i had Ford turn it off yesterday. Just an FYI
I don’t believe I have fake engine noise, (I have never heard of anything so stupid in all my life). I am embarrassed to tell others that is what Ford does to their trucks.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

The mechanics yesterday at ford were dumbfounded that this is a thing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My installer on vacation, I need help.