Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

MS-8 on stock sony system, and sub selection

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question MS-8 on stock sony system, and sub selection

I have a 2 part question for you guys experienced with the audio in the newer trucks. Mine is a 2011 screw, with Sync and Sony, no NAV.

First is about the use of an MS-8 with the stock Sony system. I would think that the Sony speakers will sound a fair bit better ran off the MS-8. If this is the case then I don't think I'll need to upgrade or amplify different ones. Maybe change the tweeters if I'm not quite satisfied. Anyone know the sensitivity of the Sony's? And I'm assuming 4ohms all around? 6x8's in the doors, 1" tweets and I'm not sure on the size of the center? The front doors are just a mid while the rear or a two or three way?

Secondly, this is something I'm really conflicted on. I'm going to build a custom box under the entire back seat, I can get 1-1.25 cuft out of it. I would like to run one 1000w 10" sub. I'm concerned about it being too peaky if I run it ported due to cabin gain. I listen to a mix of music, rap and rock/metal. Mostly rap when driving. I want it to be able to hit LOW. but still be tight... I've read conflicting things saying that if you're using a processor such as the MS-8 that you can go ported and it will take out the peak, but also that you can go sealed and it will up the gain for the low hz stuff? ...Man I need help lol.

My understanding is that sealed, with a larger box and lots of power can sound really good, you just need to be able to boost the lower hz.

If sealed is the answer.. then what sub? I'm open to all brands.. but I think something with high xmax is better suited for getting low in a sealed application?

I'll be running the stock HU, with a Nexus 7 in the dash. I'll start by feeding the N7 to the HU over bluetooth if I can find an app that uses sufficient bandwidth. But if I remember right the N7 supports AD2P so I should be fine. If not I'll run a usb DAC right to the ms-8's AUX.

A huge thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.

Last edited by BlackGun; 03-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM

Anyone? I know there's some audio gurus on this forum.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 AM

Quick Reply: MS-8 on stock sony system, and sub selection