Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Most SYNC-like aftermarket deck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Most SYNC-like aftermarket deck?

Kind of an odd question, but which aftermarket head units have the most SYNC-like features?

I ask not for my '11 truck, but for my car, a '15 Beetle. VWs system sucks, voice commands incredibly limited, and flawed implementation of flash drive music player.

I'm considering replacing the stereo in it and want something that will more closely align with the features I'm used to in my truck.

Any suggestions? If I do pull the switch, I'll be going for a top of the line unit, so I'm prepared to spend.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a kenwood dnx893s, it will do everything sync will and more and is top of the line.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:20 PM

Thanks TXvol.

Have you used voice commands much with it? I'll look up that unit now to get some details.

The VW voice control is incredibly limited with music. Basically play, pause, next, previous.

I'm looking for something that lets me choose music by voice like sync does (play track abc, play artist cba, etc)
Old 11-12-2016, 07:50 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoCruiser
Kind of an odd question, but which aftermarket head units have the most SYNC-like features?

I ask not for my '11 truck, but for my car, a '15 Beetle. VWs system sucks, voice commands incredibly limited, and flawed implementation of flash drive music player.

I'm considering replacing the stereo in it and want something that will more closely align with the features I'm used to in my truck.

Any suggestions? If I do pull the switch, I'll be going for a top of the line unit, so I'm prepared to spend.
I don't think you will find an aftermarket HU that will have the extensive voice commands that Sync has. IE playing genre, etc. You can get a aftermarket HU that has bluetooth and you can use Siri to help you with certain commands.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:54 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Most highend HUs like the Kenwood 893, will allow you to retain sync, and all of its features. As well as adding many feature the standard oem hu dont have.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman38
Most highend HUs like the Kenwood 893, will allow you to retain sync, and all of its features. As well as adding many feature the standard oem hu dont have.
True but I don't think his VW has SYNC.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:40 AM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
True but I don't think his VW has SYNC.
Lmao, missed that part!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:34 PM

After doing some more research, it's looking like I'm better off relying on Siri to do voice control of music so when I go shopping tomorrow I guess I'll end up focusing on those decks that have the one touch access to Siri and go from there.

Thanks for the inputs, and if any other ideas come to mind please post them.