Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

MFT USB Indexing

Old 04-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Default MFT USB Indexing

I have a 2014 with MFT. I am using a 32GB FAT32 flash drive for music. Sync indexed the drive, but I noticed that some artists do not have all songs listed. I have reformatted the drive. Completely reinstalled the music and the drive is still not indexed properly. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 04-21-2016, 06:49 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Tallyman89
I have a 2014 with MFT. I am using a 32GB FAT32 flash drive for music. Sync indexed the drive, but I noticed that some artists do not have all songs listed. I have reformatted the drive. Completely reinstalled the music and the drive is still not indexed properly. Anyone else have this issue?
Are all songs in the MP3 format? I had to run all mine thru a converter before I put them on my USB
Old 04-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Dazed and Confused

All my audio files are WMA. I found a paragraph in the manual which mentions track and folder structure.

MP3 and WMA Track and Folder Structure
Audio systems capable of recognizing and playing MP3 and WMA individual tracks and folder structures work as follows:• There are two different modes for MP3 and WMA disc playback: MP3 and WMA track mode (system default) and MP3 and WMA folder mode.
• MP3 and WMA track mode ignores any folder structure on the MP3 and WMA disc. The player numbers each MP3 and WMA track on the disc (noted by the MP3 or WMA file extension) from T001 to a maximum of T255. The maximum number of playable MP3 and WMA files may be less depending on the structure of the CD and exact model of radio present.
• MP3 and WMA folder mode represents a folder structure consisting of one level of folders. The CD player numbers all MP3 and WMA tracks on the disc (noted by the MP3 or WMA file extension) and all folders containing MP3 and WMA files, from F001 (folder) T001 (track) to F253 T255.
• Creating discs with only one level of folders helps with navigation through the disc files.

If you are burning your own MP3 and WMA discs, it is important to understand how the system reads the structures you create. While various files may be present (files with extensions other than MP3 and WMA), only files with the MP3 and WMA extension are played; other files are ignored by the system. This enables you to use the same MP3 and WMA disc for a variety of tasks on your work computer, home computer and your in-vehicle system.

In track mode, the system displays and plays the structure as if it were only one level deep (all MP3 and WMA files play, regardless of being in a specific folder). In folder mode, the system only plays the MP3 and WMA files in the current folder.

My files are all listed by Artist folder, then within the Artist folder is the Album folder. Some Artist folders having multiple Album folders. How do you all list your audio files?
Old 04-21-2016, 09:48 PM

I found this. I don't know if it will help.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/1...-be-in-common/
Old 04-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Dazed and Confused

Tried other flash drives. Same issue. Makes me wonder if it is due to copyright or metadata tags.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tallyman89
Tried other flash drives. Same issue. Makes me wonder if it is due to copyright or metadata tags.
Could be. There is a program that i used one to change all the metadata to I think ID3?
Old 04-23-2016, 05:07 PM
Dazed and Confused

Figured it out. It was the metatags. Changed the artist tag and it works great now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MFT USB Indexing