Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Looking for Opinions on Subs

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Opinions on Subs

I have a 07 supercrew. I want to put a sub under the back seat. Problem is that all the shops tell me their stuff is the best. I listen to a lot of different stuff but mostly hard rock so I like a good hit. I am wanting to know your opinion as to whats the best for about 500 bucks or less. I only want to install subs, box, and amp. I'm hoping to keep the rest of my stuff stock. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I could build my own box if the speakers only required little volume.

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, so if this is a repeat I apologize. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 AM

Depth is limited under the back seats and not a lot of subs will fit.

Here are two sub options that would fit and sound really good.

Image Dyamics ID10D2. If getting two then go 2ohm version so you can run a final load of 2. If getting one then get 4ohm version for again a final load of 2.
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4992-id1...subwoofer.aspx

Dayton HO 10. Very nice sub. Single 4ohm voice could so I would only run two.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-462

Decent amp to run it.
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8810-onx...amplifier.aspx

Two subs and amp would be just a few dollars over $500. That does not include any install parts including sub encloser and power/ground wiring.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 PM

if your looking for a shallow sub for under the seat i would say go with the Kicker CompVT. I got mine off of www.onlinecarstereo.com. I ordered it and recieved it about a week later and if your looking to put two in these will make some great sound. I had one in my old truck and i couldnt turn it up any higher then half or i would vibrate my rearview mirror right off.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:09 PM

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/subwoo...110811/index2/

Toward the bottem I put up some pics. I was impressed for a $35 sub. Its been a few weeks and he says he is still playing it at decently loud volumes without problems.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I can only advise you based on what I've owned. Out of everything I've had, I say JL Audio. Deepest bass imo. They have different categories of quality and power tolerance (W0-W7). If I had to make this choice, and space was and issue, I would get a single, or maybe even 2 JL Audio W-7 10" subs. I had one in my Grand Cherokee once upon a time. The install shop was trying to sell me on it because the W-7 models just came out, so they let me try one as a demo.

I won't say it sounded better than my 3 JL Audio W-3 12"s, but it sounded a lot closer than I could've imagined. One 10" sub vs 3 12" subs, that says something. I'll never forget it.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 PM

The space he has is very limited. A JL W0 8" would be a very tight fit. If this is going under the seat choices are slim subs only. I am assuming the jack is staying where it is? I do agree that JL makes great product and I have heard that the JL slim 13" is one of the best slim subs made. But wont get close to going under that back seat.
In that link I posted we did the whole thing for about $200 because that was his budget. There are pleanty of options.
If the jack is staying you can fit one sub... if there is no jack then double up. The amp can easily go behind the back seat.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 PM

I've had quite a bit of experience and I agree personally that JL has some great products. A lot of people listen to different music, so opinions may vary. But as far as the shallow mounts go, I don't think there's a better bang for your buck than the Pioneer's when coupled with the correct box.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM

i started out with a couple of old roadmaster 8" subs, then finally got a HU that would power three amps, one for front speakers, one for rear speakers and one for the sub only. well it didnt take long for me to realize i needed a pair of decent subs, went with a pair of jl audio 8". im happy. i bought the 4 ohm 150 watt. im running them of a old sherwood 200 watt amp, 100 per channel, they sound pretty good.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:03 AM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

You're going to get A LOT of conflicting answers. Which sub sounds good depends on your ears. Whatever you get, makre sure you go with a sealed enclosure otherwise rock will sound muddy/sloppy.

I've had a lot of subs in my day. The best sound quality sub I had was a boston acoustics single voice coil and JL audio (I forgot the model numbers). The best hard hitting sub was a rockford P1 dual voice coil. I really like the rockford and would reccomend this sub to anyone. Sounds better than the alpine type R I had before it.

I
Old 09-29-2011, 05:51 PM

Default Help with Factory sub

I just got a 2011 Ecoboost supercrew without the premium audio. I was wondering if I have an amp in the truck that I can just plug a sub into or do I need to add an amp, also will it plug into the factory radio. Basicly whats the eastest way to add a sub?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Looking for Opinions on Subs