Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Looking to get a new setup...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get a new setup...

I drove my cousin's f150 a couple days ago and i'm not sure what he has but it made me realize how bad my stock stereo is. So now i'm looking to replace the head unit, door speakers, and add an amp.
I'm leaning towards the pioneer 7300bt head unit and Rockford Fosgate 6x8 Power speakers for the doors.
Head Unit: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6RhwMr3...FBrand|Pioneer
Speakers:
Amazon Amazon
What would be a good amp to power this setup?

I won't be ordering anything until two or three weeks from now so im open to any suggestions. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Please don't get Rockford speakers. Matter of a fact just get a good component set for the front and deaden the doors and add a good two channel.
Other than that I love pioneer!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Could you elaborate on your opinion of rockford?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 PM

I've already changed my mind on the head unit. After i kept looking on crutchfield i found a sony for $10 more but the big advantage is has is that it can play music from my phone through bluetooth. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with this head unit so now i just have to figure out the speakers and amp...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 PM

I've heard lots of rockfords and there very bright to me. I just think there are better suited drivers for the money and it is my own personal taste. I can elaborate all day but opinion will always be opinion. So you should go listen to them before buying and tell us your opinion. Car audio is mostly bassed on peoples review of a products even tho it shouldn't be, but Internet research is most peoples easiest option when it comes to how good or how well people like it. If u take that approach just remember if 9 out of 10 review the product good then theres ten percent of people that don't like it for a reason and you may or may not fall into the 10th percentile so its like a guessing game unless you hear them in person so don't make a decision on what I say I like. Listen for yourself is your best option as to not further confuse yourself
Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i rock rockford amps...i believe for the price they r the amp to get..i run a two channel for my lows..and im ordering a 4 channel for my highs...also infinity kappa speakers sound really clean for the price!

this is not top quality system but for me and my budget its what i have and love it..and again i trust fosgate amps
Old 04-04-2011, 12:14 AM

X20 on Rockford amps not speakers
Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 AM

Ok so which speakers do yall recommend and how hard is it to install components?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on ur budget is the speakers u get..my budget is tight so im getting infinity kappa's all around...currently i have 2 infinity 6.5 in my doors and thats it..and it sounds like my old 4 kicker speakers..so from now on i am going infinity every time!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:12 AM

i can get you deals on CDT components, if you feel like swapping to 6.5s.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a new setup...