Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

LOL Audioexpress

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL Audioexpress

Went into an Audioexpress today, looking around. Asked about a head unit that had nav, and would work with sync. He told me that I am about a month early. In a month or so Kenwood is coming out with "idatalink maestro". This will allow head units to work with sync. I looked at him and said there are lots of people out there that have aftermarket nav systems, and sync works for them. He tried to convince me I needed this new Kenwood device, at the same time he is trying to sell me a $1000 Kenwood. I asked if they had any in the 500-700 range, they said no. They tried to tell me that it is very difficult to do an install in a F150 with sync, minimum $120 install, and probably more.

WOW, don't think I'll be going back there.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 AM

Oh btw, I told them the only part of sync I care about is being able to use the cars steering wheel/bluetooth features, because those head unit mics dont work as good as Fords.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Mark

Received 2,412 Likes on 2,113 Posts

OK...
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm surprised they Evan quoted you a price, seems a lot of installers want to leave a job open ended. Could be 100.00 could be 799.00
Old 03-28-2012, 04:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Dont have full details but Alpine is supposedly releasing a new HU this year that will have built-in integration with Ford steering wheel controls and Sync. 8" screen, NAVTEQ, Pandora (droid, iphone, bb), Sirius, BT, etc etc
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Lanoue
Went into an Audioexpress today, looking around. Asked about a head unit that had nav, and would work with sync. He told me that I am about a month early. In a month or so Kenwood is coming out with "idatalink maestro". This will allow head units to work with sync. I looked at him and said there are lots of people out there that have aftermarket nav systems, and sync works for them. He tried to convince me I needed this new Kenwood device, at the same time he is trying to sell me a $1000 Kenwood. I asked if they had any in the 500-700 range, they said no. They tried to tell me that it is very difficult to do an install in a F150 with sync, minimum $120 install, and probably more.

WOW, don't think I'll be going back there.
If he doesn't know about the PAC FRD-1 adapter I wouldn't go back either
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
If he doesn't know about the PAC FRD-1 adapter I wouldn't go back either
This ^^^^^

I even told him about it, but couldn't remember the name of it. He told me that they(audioexpress) doesn't have anything like that. He doubted it would work. I told him about a F 150 forum where there are owners using it with no problems. He proceeded to try and sell me.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Micky shore up here in michigan is the same way,
If they aren't a PAC dealer they don't want to here about it.
There sales staff don't do installs so theyre clueless.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Just curious on location OP? I had credit for a little over a grand which they wouldn't give back so I had no choice but to let them install BA components and coax with a 4 channel amp. And they called that even! That place is a freaking joke!!
Took those speakers out and went with Infinity, much better and a perfect match with the amp.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Andrade
Just curious on location OP? I had credit for a little over a grand which they wouldn't give back so I had no choice but to let them install BA components and coax with a 4 channel amp. And they called that even! That place is a freaking joke!!
Took those speakers out and went with Infinity, much better and a perfect match with the amp.

It is the El Paso store. I don't think it makes a difference. I went to a store of theirs when I lived in Colorado, and I didn't do business with that store either.

Last edited by Mark Lanoue; 03-29-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: I hate typos

Quick Reply: LOL Audioexpress