Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

LOC help, installing powered sub in '10 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LOC help, installing powered sub in '10 XLT

okay, so I've never done this before and Im trying to install this.

Ive got the thing to power up by grounding it to the front post, and putting the remote start to fuse 41. Also Ive already put the power ring onto the battery.

Now, I am completely lost as to how I am supposed to splice into the sound.

The thing uses a blue RCA cable, and I have the stock headunit. So I read around and some people were like USE an LOC. So I bought one and I have no idea where to install it. Several forums said to use all different kinds of wires and colors and my truck is a complete mess.

So Im asking for help. Basically, I have a red and a white RCA cable that need to be hooked up and I don't know where to begin.

thanks.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:05 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Buy a PAC AOEM-FRD24. PNP install no splicing. There is a lengthy thread about this unit that answers questions and has people's input. Very easy install. Is what I am using.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tallyman89
Buy a PAC AOEM-FRD24. PNP install no splicing. There is a lengthy thread about this unit that answers questions and has people's input. Very easy install. Is what I am using.
Hey, thanks for the advice, but I figured it out.

If anyone else is having trouble, here is what I did.

I used an LOC that I bought at best buy for 15 bucks. From there I took off the floor panels on the passenger side and dug to find the wire bundle. (it has every color imaginable.) Look for the wires that are twirled together. These are the ones that signify that they are going to a speaker. I used the white and purple and white and orange wires, (the back right speaker). From there, on your LOC it will have wires coming out that say R+, and R-, etc. Find out which of the two colored wires is positive, (it is the purple striped one I believe,) and use a quick connect splice to splice the R+ from the LOC to the striped wire. Do the same for the negative (orange stiped wire.) By this point I assume that you have grounded, supplied power, and used a fuse for the remote start. I also had difficulty understanding the fuse part so here is what I did.

Just take the remote wire, (it should be smaller than the other wires,) and take it to the small fuse box under the passenger glove box. After that remove a fuse that either isnt being used or doesnt flip on ignition, (I used fuse number 41, look in your hand book for where that is located.) Next I just feed the wire part into the whole where the prong of the fuse was and then put the fuse back in. This wire can be hid by removing the trim in front of the box and adjacent to it.

Anyway, if anyone reads this and has better suggestions or needs help, send me a message and I can tell you what I did.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Ekusa
Hey, thanks for the advice, but I figured it out.

If anyone else is having trouble, here is what I did.

I used an LOC that I bought at best buy for 15 bucks. From there I took off the floor panels on the passenger side and dug to find the wire bundle. (it has every color imaginable.) Look for the wires that are twirled together. These are the ones that signify that they are going to a speaker. I used the white and purple and white and orange wires, (the back right speaker). From there, on your LOC it will have wires coming out that say R+, and R-, etc. Find out which of the two colored wires is positive, (it is the purple striped one I believe,) and use a quick connect splice to splice the R+ from the LOC to the striped wire. Do the same for the negative (orange stiped wire.) By this point I assume that you have grounded, supplied power, and used a fuse for the remote start. I also had difficulty understanding the fuse part so here is what I did.

Just take the remote wire, (it should be smaller than the other wires,) and take it to the small fuse box under the passenger glove box. After that remove a fuse that either isnt being used or doesnt flip on ignition, (I used fuse number 41, look in your hand book for where that is located.) Next I just feed the wire part into the whole where the prong of the fuse was and then put the fuse back in. This wire can be hid by removing the trim in front of the box and adjacent to it.

Anyway, if anyone reads this and has better suggestions or needs help, send me a message and I can tell you what I did.
Glad you figured it out the hard way. For about $30 you could have used the FRD24. Plug in play and it includes the turn on wire.

Quick Reply: LOC help, installing powered sub in '10 XLT