Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Lc7 vs PAC amppro

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 02:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lc7 vs PAC amppro

So have everything picked out except a LOC, confusing stuff to me. I have a 2016 screw XLT with factory head unit and am adding:

- infinity kappa component front/tweeters
- infinity kappa 5 channel amp
- JL 10" tw3 power wedge

Do I need PAC amp pro, lc2, lc7 or something completely different? Appreciate the help.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I can tell you from first hand experience that I am not fond of Audio Control. I have a 2016 Lariat and tried using a LCQ1. Nothing but headaches. After fighting a hissing noise for some reason with the LCQ1, it also distorted the sound, just sounded horrible. I just pulled it out and ordered a JL Fix86. Should have it installed next weekend.

Also, if you have Forscan you should disable the factory EQ that comes out of the head unit. If you do this you could just plug the speaker wires to the input on your amp (if it has high level inputs) and not need a LOC. This is how I have mine until I install the Fix86. No DSP will work, but I want to be able to have more control over the sound.

I am running Rockford Punch components up front and they are just too harsh to listen to, that is why I am getting the Fix86 is to clean the input sound better and to be able to tone down the highs in the front speakers.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:05 AM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

Fyi... PAC AMP pro only works with the Sony system. I didnt see it mention if you have the regular system or Sony.