Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

JL ZR650 csi components or rainbow speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL ZR650 csi components or rainbow speakers

I was going to buy the JLZR650 csi speakers for my 09 lariat and a audio guy said to look at the rainbow speakers.Has any one used these before or have any input
Old 07-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Which Rainbow speakers?
I have the Profi Kicks in my truck and really like them. They have some less expensive lines like the SLC and Germaniums. It's tough finding an authorized dealer since they don't have a distributor in the US right now.

Does this guy have any Rainbows he can demo for you? All their products are excellent but it's a good idea to listen before making a decision. Everybody likes different things in speakers.
I like the Rainbows for their accurate sound reproduction, excellent midbass and midrange and their smooth tweeters.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have rainbow speakers but a few of my friends have the slc components. they run around 250 they arent the loudest but the sound quality is amazing. if you go to caraudio.com there is a member in the forum named 6spdcoupe he is an authorized dealer and very reputable
Old 07-07-2010, 07:13 AM

Default rainbow or JL

Thanks for the replies.I wanted to get the profi but if im running off my stock deck will i be wasting the money by not getting full potential out of them.I have the nav/sync and dont want to mess that up.Will an amp/ cleansweep give them full potential?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 AM

That's how I'm running my Profi's. I have a Rainbow iPaul 4300 that's plugged into a 3sixty.2 which runs off my stock deck. The 3sixty had to do a lot of eq adjustment, especially in the low range but the speakers sound great now.

My only complain about my current system is actually the Microsoft SYNC...haha I have all kinds of problems with it taking forever to find my ipod. Not to mention the quality of Sirius on the stock stereo sucks. FM sounds better...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Compcoder used the 3sixty with his focals as well with good results. Today's integration equipment can do a lot, unfortunately you're spending a lot to fix the signal coming from the stock head, and I doubt it will ever sound quite as good as aftermarket, but you can get pretty close.

You definitely need an amp to get those Rainbows to their potential.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 AM

Thanks for the input guys.I just need to make sure I am not going to lose any of the functions that come in the stock deck. I have the sync/nav/jukebox on the media function/dvd player ,etc etc.So will the 3sixty 2 or cleansweep work with all this.Any input would be soo helpful.

Quick Reply: JL ZR650 csi components or rainbow speakers