Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Infinity Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Infinity Speaker Question

I am hoping some of you car audiophiles can help me out on this one. I used to do some tinkering with car stereos in my younger days. However, that was way back when if you had a Pioneer Super Tuner, a Clarion power booster/ eq, and Jensen triaxials on the rear deck of your car, you had a "state of the art" system. And, I know that I can read the reviews on Crutchfield and Amazon, but I don't always trust those. So, now to the issue at hand. I wanted something decent, but not too expensive, to replace the stock speakers in my 2016 F150 XLT SCREW (basic HU, no nav, non Sony), and I ordered the following on a whim: Infinity Reference 6500CX components for the front, and Infinity 6522EX coaxials for the rear. Does anyone here have any experience with these speakers? If so, is there anything I should know about them (I can always send them back if they are sub par)? And, finally, if I decide to add an amp, would the Alpine KTP445U drive them adequately? I do not plan, at this point, to add a sub to this system. Many thanks in advance for any input you can provide!