Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Infinity Kappa's

Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Infinity Kappa's

Stereos used to be so much easier when I was a kid. Now it seems to be just short of a nightmare.

I've always been partial to Infinity products. I recently got a good deal on Infinity Kappa 63.7I 6.5" 3-ways. When I ordered them the description said 2 or 4 ohm. Great no problem 4 ohm works to simply replace the stock speakers. Then as I research the hell out of stereos in general and those speakers in particular, I see most everyone saying don't install directly off a head unit. The Harmon Kardon web site guarantees the speakers to work with all head units without damage even when 4 ohm speakers are needed. Does anyone have any experience and/or opinions on this?

Also, as I can't just get away with $200 for a head and speakers anymore, I have to do this in stages. So, I need to know if it's even possible to hook an amp up to the stock head unit...?
Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 AM

i would defenately get an amp, otherwise the speakers you get will not sound as good as they should. you can hook to the factory deck if you want, but its going to take some wire cutting. you will need to find out which are your speaker outputs on the back of the factory deck, cut them, and hook them in to this http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...42SLC4&tp=2001 then run RCA cables from it to an amp.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bosaliniee
...speaker outputs on the back of the factory deck, cut them, and hook them in to this http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...42SLC4&tp=2001 then run RCA cables from it to an amp.
Great thanx...this at least let's me do the thing in affordable stages.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa's