Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

I will do free sub box designs

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Car Audio Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I will do free sub box designs

If anyone needs a design for a subwoofer box, I will design one free. It has to be a simple box, sealed or ported. No 4th or 6th orders, or any funky shapes. All you have to do is give me your dimensions, power, subs, t/s parameters of subs, and what kind of bass you are looking for. I will need to be able to contact you easily. I will provide a drawing on google sketchup and help with any questions you have. I've been doing this for a little while, and have made several designs for people. Here are a few of the boxes that I've designed and built (keep in mind these were built locally, so I don't have very many to show):

Thanks for looking. If you want a design or even advice, just PM me.
I'm doing free box designs now, for sealed and regular ported boxes (includes aeroports). I've done a few for people on here and other places already. -->If you want to be a guinea pig, I will try a 4th or 6th order, but definitely no promises on those designs. If I get a few people to give me a chance on these designs, I could probably get good at them.

Let me state a few things:

1) I don't build, I design. Don't PM me asking about building or shipping you a box.

2) If your box won't fit, I'll let you know. If you want to stuff it in there, I can try my best, but I won't promise anything.

3) I will make recommendations as far as sub and port location, but ultimately it is up to you.

4) I will make recommendations as to how many cubic and what tuning you should use.

5) I contact you through either PM or email, which ever you prefer.

6) I usually do music/daily boxes. I don't like to design strictly SPL/fart boxes, but I might be willing to make an exception depending on your situation.

7) I will do a SPL or SQ oriented daily box, but I usually do lower tuned boxes.

8) There is no sub I won't do a design for, as long as it's meant to be in a sealed or ported enclosure. I will NOT check out other box designs.

9) When it comes to sub manufacturers that recommend higher tuned boxes, I usually like to tune slightly lower. (Especially when it comes to companies like Digital Designs and Audioque

10)If you have any recommendations when it comes to how I present myself to you, please tell me. Also, tell me if you need me to draw my design in a 3D version. It'll take longer, and please only ask if it's absolutely necessary.

11) This is a long shot, but I'd appreciate any donations for doing box designs. I don't care if it's only $1, it still helps.

12) If you get a design from me, please tell your friends or other people on other forums. I'll do designs for anyone. I don't mind if you have my email and give it to someone who needs a design.

13) If you need general recommendations for what sub and/or amp to run for your application, I can help. I don't know every brand out there, but if you're completely lost I can guide you in the right direction.

14) I will try to answer box requests as rapidly as I can. The better contact you keep with me, the quicker I will have your box designed.

15) Most importantly (at least to me) is that each box I design is custom made. I start from scratch, no pre-designed enclosures. Period.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you send me the t/s parameters & specs, dimensions, and what kind of sound you are looking for. If I agree to do a SPL design, the resonance frequency of your vehicle would be very helpful.

Me:
If you want to know why I do this, it's because I enjoy designing boxes and helping fellow car audio fans. I remember when I was new to this trying to make due with what I had. I started this mainly for the people new to the car audio scene, but I'm willing to help anyone. Each box design is it's own unique challenge, and there is never a boring box. It's fun trying to make a sub sound beautiful and get loud. I don't take shortcuts, and I will design that box to the absolute best of my capability. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you have doubts or any conflicts with my design, I will attempt to explain myself and change what needs to be changed. Just let me know how I can help you

***Edit: I can get a box built for you if you are local. Just let me know.

Last edited by Loud F150; 10-06-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Car Audio Man

Have any questions, just ask
Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Expanding the Stable

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thoughts on being able to run two or even possibly three JL 13TW5 subs under the backseat of a 2010 supercrew?

I know space is tight down there, but I think it can be done. Have all speakers facing down and they could share the airspace inside the box. I had three 10" Alpine Type-R's in a custom box behind the backseat of my Wrangler and they sounded awesome..... Cant see why this would be much different.

What do you think?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Car Audio Man

Need dimensions.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think that you'd have enough room for a pair. Not enough airspace for three. The Stealthbox only has a single.

You might be able to get 3 Memphis S-Class 12s in there.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 PM

great boxes man.i do the same thing myself!!! i seen the dd (digital designs) and my jaw dropped.absolutly love dd subs..what are you running in your truck.like whole set up
Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Car Audio Man

Originally Posted by Monsterking254
great boxes man.i do the same thing myself!!! i seen the dd (digital designs) and my jaw dropped.absolutly love dd subs..what are you running in your truck.like whole set up
Well, I don't have a truck anymore, but I have an Explorer. I'm picking up 2 18" Fi BL's this weekend. Will have them on ~2800w. Will have 200w available to each front speaker (Boston SL80), 100w to each rear speaker (undecided), a 270 amp alternator, 2 runs of 1/0 and 3 batcap 2000's.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Car Audio Man

Head unit is an Alpine 9887.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
F150 on jooze

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

subscribed, Ill be putting in 2 hdc 18"s on 2 aq 2200's here in a few months and Il shoot you a pm then
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM

yea this kid i used to hang with i helped on his many installs and he had 2 aq hdc3 18's a p3000.1 and like 6 sets of kicker ks components along with a high output alternator and 3 kinetic 2400's and a deka under the hood with over 100' of 0 gauge...was sick *** loud...im thinking about doing in my truck 2 cvr 10's under the rear seat and just components

Quick Reply: I will do free sub box designs