Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

I need some help/advice from the experienced people here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Cruise

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default I need some help/advice from the experienced people here...

I have a 2015 F150 Lariat Supercrew without the upgraded Sony system. I need a better audio setup than what I have.

Id like to change all of my door speakers, add a subwoofer that will put out a good amount of bass, and since id like the door speakers amplified, i believe i need a 5 channel amplifier.

I listen to mostly country, rock, very little rap, and just about everything else. I dont need a monstrous sound level, but I do want a high amount of clarity, and I want a setup that will not break my bank. I know its a hard balance to strike so I am asking the members here to help provide some guidance.

1. What door speakers would you all recommend? What power level/brand etc? (surprisingly I have read good things about Pioneer's A series 3 way door speakers, but I am open to all brands)

2. What brand/power/type of sub (for the music i listed above) would you all recommend for the truck?

3. What power level amplifier should i be looking at to power the subs and door speakers? Any suggested brands/features/models you all would suggest?

4. Are there any other parts I should get with this setup? I know the factory headunit EQ is very limited, but if there is something cost effective and simple to provide a little more customization I would be open to that. I also really dont want to cut any factory wire.harnesses if i can avoid it.

5. Any other advice/suggestions on the whole thing would be appreciated.

6. I'd like my budget to stay around 1500 at most, give or take a little, but thats what I have to play with. I dont need top tier audio, but want the most bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys, I am not very experienced with car audio. If you use an acronym or list a specific part that isnt very common, would you mind explaining what it is/does?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

There are a whole lot of info on this forum if you do a search. Your subject has been talked about many times.
If you aren't very experienced with car audio I would suggest talking with a couple install shops and pick their brain also.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Cruise

I have, and I've gotten 4 completely different answers. Not one shop I've been to has done more than a sub install on a 2015 F150. I had this same issue with stereos in my 2015 Mustangs, one with the shaker 1200 and the shaker 1000.
"Door speakers alone will give you good sound" or "door speakers alone will sound worse than stock"
"You need to just add a sub, everything else doesn't matter cause stock isn't that bad"
"Adding a sub would be worthless because you're only wanting to do 1 sub under the backseat."

I've gotten a completely different answers, and read many threads. That's why I put what I PERSONALLY would like out of my stereo to see if people here could provide a little more insight or personal experiences with different brands, sizes, etc to meet those wants.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:37 PM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

I bought stuff from Walt at ADC Mobile He's pretty knowledgable and is very willing to help. His contact info is on his website.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:34 AM
FDT

Received 218 Likes on 164 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f59/boss-m...ed-you-305590/

Check into these from Beau @ Rogel Ford. This setup packs a punch, especially for the price! I have one in my truck and I couldn't be happier and how much of an improvement they are.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Cruise

Oh believe me, that would be perfect, a kit that's put together like that. But those don't work in a 2015. Questions been asked many times.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

The kicker kit for the 2015 is out too, but I think they're still running around the original MSRP. Hopefully Rogel Ford will blow those out too someday. I had the sub in my 2014 and it was LOUD.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:02 AM
Cruise

Man a kit like that would be great. I don't want to do any splicing on my factory harness, so I know id have to cut the factory speakers out of the brackets and solder the leads on from the aftermarket speakers. Honestly though I'd rather wait for the actual brackets and speaker adapters to come out.
I waited (what seemed like) forever for SOMEONE to come out with anything for the 2015 Mustang, but nothing. I'm surprised crutchfield hasn't jumped on this faster, with as many trucks ford is selling I'd want to corner that market first chance I get.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Lariat725
Man a kit like that would be great. I don't want to do any splicing on my factory harness, so I know id have to cut the factory speakers out of the brackets and solder the leads on from the aftermarket speakers. Honestly though I'd rather wait for the actual brackets and speaker adapters to come out.
I waited (what seemed like) forever for SOMEONE to come out with anything for the 2015 Mustang, but nothing. I'm surprised crutchfield hasn't jumped on this faster, with as many trucks ford is selling I'd want to corner that market first chance I get.
Crutchfield is a good place but only resellers
Old 09-24-2015, 01:38 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

We just finished up a kicker speaker install on our 15 eco crew cab. We do have the sony system but the door speakers and the center channel speaker from kicker are far superior. We are hearing that there is a way to cut your harness and make the Kicker sub work with the sony system, but we are also looking for a plug and play solution. Our 2.7l is almost here and it does not have the sony system so we will be installing the kicker sub and door speakers in that crew cab also.

The following users liked this post:
BStrummin (09-25-2015)

Quick Reply: I need some help/advice from the experienced people here...