Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

how to wire speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default how to wire speakers

I have a 2013 fx4 non Navy with synch. I plan on adding four 5x7 speakers a five channel amp and a ten inch sub.

How.do we use an tap a loc such as a lc6 in the stock stereo to use the factory head unit? Also how do we wire these door speakers to the amp? Do I use existing stock during or upgrade speaker wire that runs to the doors? I've searched so much I'm confused on what others did. Can someone give me a list of what is needed and how to wire this up myself from start to finish? I'd like to try this myself and save hundreds on install cost but this is more than just a simple swap out factory speaker install.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

I plan to tap into my stock front speaker wires at the kickpanels and run the wires back to a Audiocontrol EQL. Im not really happy about having to tap into any factory wires but the PAC unit doesnt work on the 13s. From there Ill run RCAs to my amps. After the amps I will run new speaker wire into the front doors. I will draw ALL my signal from the front doors and fade the stereo all the way to the front (I dont run rear speakers in any of my systems). I MIGHT replace the rear speakers with some cheap coaxials just in case I have someone in the back seat that wants to listen, but that's rare. When my kids are with me they both have their headphones in 99% of the time. I guess my music just isn't cool lol
Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. When you say tap into factory speakers to get signal what exactly is done to do this? Which wires are being tapped into exactly
Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 PM
TK5

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.parts-express.com/3m-(22-...5-pcs--082-140

http://www.parts-express.com/1-4-(22...0-pcs--095-310
Old 12-29-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by mc01ta
Thanks for the reply. When you say tap into factory speakers to get signal what exactly is done to do this? Which wires are being tapped into exactly
You would use the taps that TK5 linked to and tap into the factory speaker wires. The taps wrap around the factory wire and tap into it without cutting it and they have a spot to insert a new wire. Its really self-explanatory once you have one in your hand to look at. You can access the factory wires behind the factory stereo which will require disassembly of the dash, or you can pick them up in the kickpanels before they go into the doors which is what I plan on. You then run those new wires to the speaker level inputs of the LC6 OR if you get an amp that has speaker level inputs you dont need the LC6
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by king nothing
You would use the taps that TK5 linked to and tap into the factory speaker wires. The taps wrap around the factory wire and tap into it without cutting it and they have a spot to insert a new wire. Its really self-explanatory once you have one in your hand to look at. You can access the factory wires behind the factory stereo which will require disassembly of the dash, or you can pick them up in the kickpanels before they go into the doors which is what I plan on. You then run those new wires to the speaker level inputs of the LC6 OR if you get an amp that has speaker level inputs you dont need the LC6
Do these wire taps make a good solid and reliable contact? We are dealing with sound so a proper connection contributes to quality sound. Just wondering how your experience has been with these
Old 12-31-2013, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sherwood
Do these wire taps make a good solid and reliable contact? We are dealing with sound so a proper connection contributes to quality sound. Just wondering how your experience has been with these
As long as you use the right size tap then yes, its a good connection.

Quick Reply: how to wire speakers