Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

hey guys! little help?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey guys! little help?

Hey guys I'm new to f150forums!
Must say great site

Well here's my story, I've had a f150 hd crewcab for just about two years and its time to upgrade the system.

I'm hoping to get a doubledin deck with nav bule tooth dvd and has to have usb ports to use hard drive and sticks so I can have music and movies on them.

Also looking to replace speakers and factory sub with 2 10"s or 2 12"s. Ported or non ported?
Use back seat quite a bit and hoping to not do a seat lift.

I listing to every thing and like it loud some times with a wicked punch!

Price limit is about $2200 CND will be willing to spend a little more

What would you guys recommend for me?

Thank you so much for your time; Jordan
Hope to get a lot of input and here from you!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:17 AM

hey for the subs you will need a shalow box you could probly fit a 12 under one seat on one side and the same on the other you dont need a lift for the seat.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

It's going to be hard to fit a 2 sub ported box. A bunch of guys make sealed boxes that will fit under the rear seat with no lift, just pay attention to mounting depth:

FoxBox
supercrewsound
moosemusicaudio
ebay

You can mount amps behind the rear seat back.

I'd do 6.5" components in the front doors, 2 channel amp on those. No rear speakers. Class D monoblock amp on two 10s or 12s under the rear seat in one of the boxes above.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 2-10's under my rear seat and no lift needed. Sony 10" Xplod's (Black face) and it bangs. 1000W amp, bridged. Not ignorant where you can here it down the road, but once in the truck, you can notice all my mirrors shake.

As for your doors, I would go with 5x7 w/ seperate components, mount the tweeter in the door where it should have come from the factory (premium factory sound systems have them), and get 6x9's for the rear. Mount both amps behind the rear seat on the cab wall. Run all wires under door sills. Only thing noticeable would be the box, and barely. This is what I am gonna be .
Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM

I'm looking at at two 10" alpine. Do you guys like them? Will they fit in the moosemusicaudio box? What amp would you run with them? How much room is there behind the seat? What double dins do you guys have? Do you like them?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Which type of 10s? Only the Type S's and E's will fit, both have crappy sensitivity. I'd keep looking.

If you want to run the Es, look far an amp that can do ~500W RMS at 2 ohms, like this: http://www.woofersetc.com/p6249/MRPM...-amplifier.htm
If you want to run the Ss, look for an amp that can do ~600W RMS at 1 or 2 ohms, like this: http://www.woofersetc.com/p8652/GMD8...-Amplifier.htm

There's room for a couple amps behind the seats, do a search on here and you should find some pics.

I don't have one, but my roommate and a lot of guys on the forum like the Pioneer head units.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hey guys! little help?