Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help, want to replace my speakers…

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, want to replace my speakers…

I have an 07 Super cab with a factory system. I want to keep the OEM stereo and don’t want to add an amp. Has anybody just replaced all four speakers and if so what did they buy? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:21 AM

Anybody?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I did the exact opposite, replaced the head unit, but kept OEM speakers. I'm sure someone will come along that has done what you're trying to do.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are you trying to do exactly? The stereo will sound the same if you keep everything stock and just upgrade speakers. If you get a decent head unit, and a small 4 channel amp, you can get some good speakers and have great sound and not a lot of coin
Old 07-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by DunesRunner08
what are you trying to do exactly? The stereo will sound the same if you keep everything stock and just upgrade speakers. If you get a decent head unit, and a small 4 channel amp, you can get some good speakers and have great sound and not a lot of coin
DunesRunner...
I was just planning on replacing the speakers only. I read somewhere can’t remember what site that people where having success sound wise just replacing the speakers. So that’s why I’m asking. I much rather just do that if I can get some increase in better sound. I guess I can replace the head unit and through in a amp as well…
Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want good sound at a reasonable price look into Alpine....they make good stuff and good price.....you could probably get a good sounding system for around a grand with head unit, speakers, and a amp....if you really look hard you can probably get a bit lower than that
Old 07-13-2008, 01:35 AM
lucky13

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if you want to just upgrade speakers you can and itll sound a little better but not a whole lot better but if you want to go for it
Old 07-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DunesRunner08
If you want good sound at a reasonable price look into Alpine....they make good stuff and good price.....you could probably get a good sounding system for around a grand with head unit, speakers, and a amp....if you really look hard you can probably get a bit lower than that

alpine is a great company...cost a tad more some times but the quality is top notch, been using my amp/sub in 5 diffrent cars in 4 years and the same head unit for almost 5
Old 07-16-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put pioneer's in my front doors and they were great. Buy from www.crutchfield.com They will give you any mounting hardwear and wiring pig tails to fit the factory plugs for free. Start here http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/a...r%2fMyCar.aspx
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it's really easy to replace the factory speakers. i do it all the itme at work. the only thing you have to do is get some speakers you want that have a low enough RMS value to meat the radio's outputs. You can step it up a notch on quality but too high and you can mess up your speakers or not get full quality out of them. just gotta get the speakers to match your radio and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

---------------- Now playing: Devin The Dude - Don't Wait via FoxyTunes

Quick Reply: Help, want to replace my speakers…