Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help with Install please

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help with Install please

I recently got a Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD off of Ebay for a steal!

Anyway... I want to install it myself to save on the ridiculous charges that the local audio installers wanna charge me.

The main things I need to know regard wiring the parking brake wire, backup cam wire and installing the parking break bypass that was so kindly packed with the stereo.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a Pioneer Bypass you can order on Amazon.

Amazon Amazon

Its really easy to do. You hook it up to the wiring harness right at the stereo, I used it, works great.

The back up camera, the wiring harness for the stereo should have a blue(or violet- I forget which exactly it is), its in the manual if you go to Pioneers website, you can check the manual. Run a wire from that wire to your back up wiring under the kick panel behind the parking brake - that wire is pink/black stripe. Just check for voltage when the truck is in Reverse to verify. )

You should have a Video jack specifically for the back up camera. As far as wiring your back up camera, you should have a power and ground, hook the power up to the back up light wire at the back of the vehicle, ground the wire to a spot on the back of the truck, run the video cable wire along the frame, you should have a hole with a grommet underneath the plastic along the floor door frame to let you get the wire into the vehicle.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a voltage meter. Is it a black wire pink stripe or pink wire black stripe?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pink wire, black stripe. If you search some of the posts for back up camera install, one of them has a pic of the area and the wire to give you an idea of where its at and what it looks like.

Last edited by Chief-72; 06-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with Install please