Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Help with choosing a single din head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Help with choosing a single din head unit

Looking to go to a single din head unit. Any strong opinions on what might be the best (highest rated?) single din available right now? I'm kind of wavering between Kenwood and Alpine, just based on reputation (Alpine, because that seems to be their specialty).

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2017, 02:34 AM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

I went with the sony mexx100bt solely for the extra powah! Havent wired it correctly yet since i need some subs too. Ive already got infinity components in front and coax in rear.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

kenwood or pioneer are my choices. i've never really liked the sound i got out of alpine units in the past.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by djr7572
Looking to go to a single din head unit. Any strong opinions on what might be the best (highest rated?) single din available right now? I'm kind of wavering between Kenwood and Alpine, just based on reputation (Alpine, because that seems to be their specialty).

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
You want a single DIN not double?
Old 06-24-2017, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You want a single DIN not double?

That is correct
Old 06-25-2017, 02:11 PM

That is correct
Then Kenwood or Pioneer would be my choices
Old 06-25-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 579 Likes on 296 Posts

Just curious, why not a double din?
Old 06-26-2017, 10:40 PM

Had a single din installed this afternoon. After spending several hours with it, I've decided that I hate it. Going back in tomorrow to have my Pioneer double din re-installed.

I don't know what I was thinking. Sometimes you just get it in your head that you just HAVE to have something - only to end up asking yourself, "I wanted that why??". Live and learn, I guess.

Fortunately, I'll be able to get most of my money back, but what a hassle.

After having my Pioneer double din for several months, getting around a single din is absolutely archaic. The inputs, the menu system, horribly designed. Have to cycle through seven different screens just to get back to where you were. After struggling with that for several hours, I decided that's enough - can't deal with it. Never again. I'll stick to double dins.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM

Had a single din installed this afternoon. After spending several hours with it, I've decided that I hate it. Going back in tomorrow to have my Pioneer double din re-installed.

I don't know what I was thinking. Sometimes you just get it in your head that you just HAVE to have something - only to end up asking yourself, "I wanted that why??". Live and learn, I guess.

After having my Pioneer double din for several months, getting around a single din is absolutely archaic. The inputs, the menu system, horribly designed. Have to cycle through seven different screens just to get back to where you were. After struggling with that for several hours, I decided that's enough - can't deal with it. Never again. I'll stick to double dins.
We all have a brain fart once in a while
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 579 Likes on 296 Posts

Lol sorry to hear. We're guys though, we always buy stuff we don't need and then regret it later